The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 hour ago, Provost said:

He was suspended from his team after a physical altercation with a teammate the rest of the players made an ultimatum to boot him.

They didn’t want a PPG player for their playoff run he was that toxic to the team.

How crappy a person do you have to be not to smarten up even after all that had happened with him and being punted from the NHL.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/swiss-team-ready-to-ditch-jake-virtanen-after-fracas-with-teammate?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3hA9VGEq0fe83RLe5MA991rOs-sn_15jArs1f3DmelSeCcx2BYcmhsctM&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#Echobox=1675815278

https://www.lenouvelliste.ch/valais/haut-valais/viege/hockey-jake-virtanen-a-ete-ecarte-du-hc-viege-pour-ses-ecarts-de-comportement-1261414

Kind of ironic how Benning said he drafted for character, and his first pick with us was Jake. We all wanted and hoped for Jake to succeed with us.  But clearly he’s a idiot (by the definition of the DSM-5)

25 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Can't even cut it in the Swiss league. That's bloody sad.

All the physical tools, but his personality strikes again.

What comes after you can't cut it in a European league? Is it straight to beer league, or....?

Find a new career, probably, and it 'ain't gonna be coaching.

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Find a new career, probably, and it 'ain't gonna be coaching.

...or as a career or motivational coach. They guy could have been a star in the NHL if his neck-up was as capable as neck-down.

Edited by kloubek

I really hoped that after the sexual assault case and essentially getting booted from the NHL that Jake would finally have learned a lesson and matured (if not for himself at least for the benefit of those that have to deal with him). Sadly some people will never learn no matter how many chances they get and Jake seems to be one of those.

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

I really hoped that after the sexual assault case and essentially getting booted from the NHL that Jake would finally have learned a lesson and matured (if not for himself at least for the benefit of those that have to deal with him). Sadly some people will never learn no matter how many chances they get and Jake seems to be one of those.

He strikes me as someone who might start to "get it" in his 40's or sometime later on in life. This is not meant as an excuse for him at all or anything (especially given we're talking about having had a sexual assault case on top of things), but right now he's still only 26. The 20's are often the age where we can be young and stupid.

That being said, it's a shame that he's seemingly proven to be among the least matured in their 20's...

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Sorry for the disapointment, lets face it he's a bad case of  a narcissists. As Burrows said a long time ago, maybe he'll get it one day, I have my doubts

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...