The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Something just came to mind. Sorry if it's irrelevant but I have been thinking about JV's future Canucks jersey number. Say, if Ryan Stanton doesnt go anywhere and wears #18, which by the way is JV's junior number.

What would you think about JV wearing his birth year, #96, which was Bure's number for a couple of years. We all know the Russian Rocket's history with that number but perhaps, it could worn by the right guy for the right reasons and not by the wrong guy for the wrong reasons(American citizenship year).

Overall, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However, it's something to think about because Virtanen jerseys are going to be a future hot seller.

It's awesome to see Jake move up to that second line. I think that line as a whole will be better now, Ritchie couldn't really keep up with McDavid and Lazar. I thinks Jakes speed and offensive ability fits in nicely on that line, and his physicality will also really help. Ricthie only has the physicality.

Jake standing up for Lazar after he got slammed hard from behind into the boards was good to see . Shows he's a good team guy and coaches will appreciate it as well.

Him and Horvat will look great together in Nucks jerseys once Jake gets here in a year or two. I'm so excited that the Canucks finally have some legit top prospects climbing the ranks. We got some good goalies and forwards coming along, now we just need defenders.