The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Something just came to mind. Sorry if it's irrelevant but I have been thinking about JV's future Canucks jersey number. Say, if Ryan Stanton doesnt go anywhere and wears #18, which by the way is JV's junior number.

What would you think about JV wearing his birth year, #96, which was Bure's number for a couple of years.

I doubt Jake gets a high number - they made an exception for Bo because of the story (tribute to a late friend), and it's only #53. But then again, it may have been a Gillis thing.

I doubt Jake gets a high number - they made an exception for Bo because of the story (tribute to a late friend), and it's only #53. But then again, it may have been a Gillis thing.

I've always thought that "rule" was stupid. I can't be the only one who finds it so boring to see the same low numbers out there season after season after season. I guess it's nice for people who just need to change the name on a jersey, but still...

Something just came to mind. Sorry if it's irrelevant but I have been thinking about JV's future Canucks jersey number. Say, if Ryan Stanton doesnt go anywhere and wears #18, which by the way is JV's junior number.

What would you think about JV wearing his birth year, #96, which was Bure's number for a couple of years. We all know the Russian Rocket's history with that number but perhaps, it could worn by the right guy for the right reasons and not by the wrong guy for the wrong reasons(American citizenship year).

Overall, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However, it's something to think about because Virtanen jerseys are going to be a future hot seller.

Problem is Canucks don't like using high jersey numbers.

Mark Masters @markhmasters

Canucks prospect Jake Virtanen really an unsung hero for Canada v FIN; elevated to 2nd line sparking that unit + physical play

Mark Masters @markhmasters

Jake Virtanen on his Finnish-born grandfather: "He was cheering for his grandson, hopefully (grins). I can't wait to call him."

Edited by Canucks1219
  • Upvote 2

Not surprised he's promoted to that key line. After that goal he scored a coupla' weeks back, (big televised tilt), I just keep expecting big things from this kid.

Torts didn't hang around much; but he sure left us an epic Utube rap, & one Helluva' parting gift.

What rap?

@markhmasters: Lazar on scrum w Finns in 3rd: "Jake & I were bugging Connor. He didn't want to get in there. Up to us Western guys to take care of that."

@markhmasters: Virtanen on coming to Lazar's defence: "Sticking up for my teammate & let them know we're not going to take that lightly esp w our captain"

Jakes a beauty