The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I liked Jakes game. He seems to be playing more conservatively/defensively on that line than when he was on the 4th/energy line. That is likely how he has been told to playu...be physical and defensively responsible while supporting the skilled guys. That line has good balance.

Virtanen had a number of good chances. Man, he can lay the body and is physical. Great to see as that's something we're missing. Gets in there and supports his teammates.

Great feed in the neutral zone for I think the third goal (I think the third one). Just a quick, redirect pass up and hits his man in stride.

Virtanen had a number of good chances. Man, he can lay the body and is physical. Great to see as that's something we're missing. Gets in there and supports his teammates.

Great feed in the neutral zone for I think the third goal (I think the third one). Just a quick, redirect pass up and hits his man in stride.

his interception and immediate feed is what bought us the space on that goal.

kid is soooo good, so young.

he is chippy but smart enough not to take bad penalties like ritchie.

people go to hit him in the neutral zone and he still gets the puck deep AND the opponent is more likely to fall.

smart player. fast fast fast.

• Upvote 1

I really like how virtanen uses his speed to close gaps on players with the puck, he creates a lot of turnovers in the neutral zone because of it. A real great thing about his game.

I think he's going to be a real frustrating player to watch in years to come though, will dazzle and be absolutely dominant at points and will fade away for long periods and make boneheaded plays with and without the puck at times. The kind of guy who has people wondering why your yelling at a tv. Will be entertaining either way.

Am I the only one who was pulling my hair out watching this kid play today?

I'm a huge Virtanen fan, think we made the right choice and supported him all the way up to the draft

But let's not sugarcoat it. The play died on his stick tonight, he looked so lost out there, and he was floating more than he was engaged.

Looking for him to bounce back next game