The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Guest Dasein

Jake really needs to improve his positioning. I have found myself on multiple occasions throughout this tournament wondering where virt is, the pucks around the net and hes not in view, then he shows up flying to the net as soon as it starts going the other way. His back check also leaves something to be desired sometimes.

He floats in the offensive zone. Always on the left side and is expecting a pass to come to him. He needs to go down low to retrieve pucks. Frustrating watching him play !

Yeah in that regard he's like how Kassian is from time to time - very frustrating.

Worst period of the Tournament for Jake IMO. If Fabbri wasn't hurt chances are he wouldn't get much ice to start the second, the way point is playing on that line

The whole team has been underwhelming, as they played the Gauthier line a lot. Looking forward to next game, obviously.

God you guys are a bunch of nancies.

• Upvote 1

And you're more of a troll than a Canucks fan, I guess.

Take off the homer galsses for a sec bud, he had a sub par period apart from one rush with a low percentage shot.

I'll praise him when he's on his game but he just isn' t right now and apaprently the coach agrees

It's quite clear he's not used to playing on the left side. In the defensive zone he always ends up on the right wing and Canada ends up having both wingers on that side.

Another thing I noticed in that first period is while his 2 linemates were below the goal line scrapping for possession of the puck he skated backwards from in front of the net, to the right wing half board, semi circled back towards the front of the net, and then pushed backwards into the left slot all while the puck was still below the goal line in the corner with both his linemates fighting for it.

I like that he loves to shoot off the rush.

Thanks coach. Oh wait, you're not the coach. The coach is telling Virtanen where to be.

I hope so, because at both ends of the ice I'm left scratching my head at times . Good thing is, that is definitely coachable if is indeed just his mistakes.

Take off the homer galsses for a sec bud, he had a sub par period apart from one rush with a low percentage shot.

I'll praise him when he's on his game but he just isn' t right now and apaprently the coach agrees

Career impacting developments, bud. lul

He needs to learn how to play with other players and not just float. He plays on a Calgary team with poor line mates so the best hope for him would be to get a trade and be on a team with strong cycling so he can learn that part of the game. The game he plays now won't cut it in the pros.

And you're more of a troll than a Canucks fan, I guess.

How's I'm a being a troll, as of right now virtanen doesn't look good. He might be a stud in next years world jr's but as of right now it's not great. Put on some glasses buddy. He's a dump and chase type player right now. His best asset is playing physical and in your face game !

And you know with 100% certainty that the coach is telling him this?

Oh wait, you're not on the bench.

Next period, focus on McDavid, see if you notice the same things. I will save you the time, you WILL. Half the team is out of position all the time, it's the wjc. New line mates, new cciach

How's I'm a being a troll, as of right now virtanen doesn't look good. He might be a stud in next years world jr's but as of right now it's not great. Put on some glasses buddy. He's a dump and chase type player right now. His best asset is playing physical and in your face game !

Because you're trolling?

Maybe just stop posting, enjoy the game, and wait and see what Virtanen does against some real competition. This competition doesn't require much physical effort to dismantle.

Edited by BanTSN