The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Different type of forwards.

Baertschi is supposed to be a smaller guy who will put up points. A Mike Cammelleri or Patrick Kane style of player.

Jensen was drafted as a Loui Eriksson or Marian Hossa type player. Bring offense, but it's his strength and defensive awareness that's also strong.

Far from the truth with Jensen, he is anything but strong and good in his own end. He shows zero ability to play a power game despite his size and is completely lost in his own zone.

Sven is a far superior offensive player while still having the short comings Jensen has.

Far from the truth with Jensen, he is anything but strong and good in his own end. He shows zero ability to play a power game despite his size and is completely lost in his own zone.

Sven is a far superior offensive player while still having the short comings Jensen has.

You watch alot of Utica games?

Actually, not too sure what you mean by 'zero ability power game'. I seem to remember him driving the net, and such, in his stints with the nucks. Small sample but he seemed to use his frame and strength quite a bit from what I remember.

Edited by Canorth
  • Upvote 1

2007 Draft Class

Overall - Name

#4 - Thomas Hickey (D)

#5 - Karl Alzner (D)

#10 - Keaton Ellerby (D)

#12 - Ryan McDonagh (D)

#15 - Alex Plante (D)

#18 - Ian Cole (D)

#23 - Jonathon Blum (D)

#27 Brendan Smith (D)

#28 Nick Petrecki (D)

#30 - Nick Ross (D)

#31 - TJ Brennan (D)

#33 - Taylor Ellington (D)

#34 - Josh Godfrey (D)

#35 - Tommy Cross (D)

#41 - Kevin Marshall (D)

#43 - PK Subban (D)

Yes I just threw up a little in my mouth looking at the #33 pick......brutal

• Upvote 1

You watch alot of Utica games?

Actually, not too sure what you mean by 'zero ability power game'. I seem to remember him driving the net, and such, in his stints with the nucks. Small sample but he seemed to use his frame and strength quite a bit from what I remember.

I follow them very closely and watch a lot of tape on players. I spend a lot of time getting to know minor league players and their tendencies.

You could also ask the exact same question if the guy I was responding to, but you won't because you want to believe Jensen is something he's not.

2007 Draft Class

Overall - Name

#4 - Thomas Hickey (D)

#5 - Karl Alzner (D)

#10 - Keaton Ellerby (D)

#12 - Ryan McDonagh (D)

#15 - Alex Plante (D)

#18 - Ian Cole (D)

#23 - Jonathon Blum (D)

#27 Brendan Smith (D)

#28 Nick Petrecki (D)

#30 - Nick Ross (D)

#31 - TJ Brennan (D)

#33 - Taylor Ellington (D)

#34 - Josh Godfrey (D)

#35 - Tommy Cross (D)

#41 - Kevin Marshall (D)

#43 - PK Subban (D)

Shattenkirk

Yes I just threw up a little in my mouth looking at the #33 pick......brutal

That was a terrible draft year for Nonis (White in the first round) but at least we didn't draft Hamill with the 8th overall like the Bruins (Couture was the next pick at 9th overall). Lots of teams passed on Subban for him to get to the 43rd overall pick.

But then, this is the Virtanen thread isn't it? Not a defenceman drafting thread, or a Baertschi vs Jensen thread.

• Upvote 3

I was just posting that the argue a point, but you're totally right in that we should get back the Jake.

I'm hoping he can get at least 25 bingos this season. He's at like 19 right now if I'm not mistaken. Seems like a fair expectation.

I follow them very closely and watch a lot of tape on players. I spend a lot of time getting to know minor league players and their tendencies.

You could also ask the exact same question if the guy I was responding to, but you won't because you want to believe Jensen is something he's not.

'Do you watch alot of Utica Games?'

Its a pretty simple question. Not too sure why you would get all pissy about it Or how that would lead you to any conclusions on what I am thinking.

Edited by Canorth
  • Upvote 4

lol oh please

• Upvote 1

Gillis drafted Jansen because if his shot and size- which he does not use- it was a crap pick though... :(

• Upvote 1