The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Virtanen has a ways to go before he could reach what Kesler had accomplished on this team,

like getting caught being with a teammate's fiance, having the "A" yanked off his sweater by his teammates in the dressing room and given to Bieksa, then demanding a trade to only one team, because he doesn't want his kids growing up in the "fishbowl" of Vancouver because he is such a caring family man. :picard:

I don't want Jake anything like d-bag Kesler.

• Upvote 4

I think Kes and Virtanen are similar in some ways, both are right shots and similar size. I think Kes is more the two-way centre type, kind of like a Mike Peca. Virtanan looks like more of the power foward type (mix of physical play and goal scoring ability). I'm hoping Jake will become an Owen Nolan type player.

Virtanen has a ways to go before he could reach what Kesler had accomplished on this team,

like getting caught being with a teammate's fiance, having the "A" yanked off his sweater by his teammates in the dressing room and given to Bieksa, then demanding a trade to only one team, because he doesn't want his kids growing up in the "fishbowl" of Vancouver because he is such a caring family man. :picard:

I don't want Jake anything like d-bag Kesler.

Again with this? Not that it's appropiate to post this crap here, but I swear the more times I hear these type of rumours, the more I think they're put out there to justify the latest trade of a star to a southern franchise.

Spreading these rumours doesn't really help anyone in particular. That's part of the reason why there are rules here to see that it doesn't happen.

There are other forums for this kind of talk. Google to find your favorite. I lol'd at the post in one of these 'dirt' forums by this apparent Kesler victim who caved in to his relentless stalking or whatever.

Edited by TOMapleLaughs

Again with this? Not that it's appropiate to post this crap here, but I swear the more times I hear these type of rumours, the more I think they're put out there to justify the latest trade of a star to a southern franchise.

Spreading these rumours doesn't really help anyone in particular. That's part of the reason why there are rules here to see that it doesn't happen.

There are other forums for this kind of talk. Google to find your favorite. I lol'd at the post in one of these 'dirt' forums by this apparent Kesler victim who caved in to his relentless stalking or whatever.

Trolls create rumours. For example on trade deadline some troll on here made a post about Patrick Sharp having affairs with some of the hawk players wife's. After this troll successfully posted this on his status; the comments on Sharp rumour thread included many people posting the same nonsense. This shows the extreme gullibility the hockey community on here has. Bottom line, don't believe these crappy rumours that trolls create due to their own personal fantasies.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******
  • Upvote 1

A lot of opposing fans and players will hate him like they did Kesler. Cause Kesler in his prime was a beast. Virtanten is that, and then some...

Kesler in his prime was also a diver and was part of the reason we got such a bad rep inthe league and with refs.

do not want another "Kesler type". Jake will be a beast in his own right but hopefully he doesnt adopt some of kesler's old douchey tactics.

16472036515_b899175f40_o.gif

16471091632_2f87470008_o.gif

Could be doing better. Personally I am expecting more in terms of point production sine he's a high 1st rounder. Seems to have improved on puck distribution.

A hahahahaha, says the guy who hasnt seen a hitman game all year. Jake is doing just fine. He is elite at 3 areas of his development already, shooting, skating and hitting/checking. Elite to where he would be the fastest skater on the Canucks, likely the most physical and probably only slightly be Vrbata in terms of sniping.

His defense needs work and he has spent a lot of time working on that. His role will be increased in the playoffs.

Kes is plays much better defensively. From what iv seen Virtanen is faster, hits harder and has better offense, but isnt the two way player Kes is. He's more like a Max Pacioretty

That's great. Horvat especially is a fantastic 2 way centre, and I wouldn't be suprised if he turns into a 2.0 Kesler. Not to mention we have other great 2 way centres in the system.

... not all of us have time to watch both the Canucks and their corresponding farm teams. What else are we supposed to be judging him on? A top six pick should have elite offensive prowess and the only way to judge that is by stat watching.

Your sig is all kinds of awesome. Is that the first photoskatebomb?

Kesler in his prime was also a diver and was part of the reason we got such a bad rep inthe league and with refs.

do not want another "Kesler type". Jake will be a beast in his own right but hopefully he doesnt adopt some of kesler's old douchey tactics.

16472036515_b899175f40_o.gif

16471091632_2f87470008_o.gif

I like how even Higgins just stands there and watches Kesler go down. I feel embarassed for Kesler, lol.

... not all of us have time to watch both the Canucks and their corresponding farm teams. What else are we supposed to be judging him on? A top six pick should have elite offensive prowess and the only way to judge that is by stat watching.

Amen brotha, some of us have jobs, kids, school, animals to care for etc...
  • Upvote 2