The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Okay, so Jake scored again today. Is it safe to come back in here yet? Have the panty-soilers left or calmed down?

Oh look, a trade proposal -- guess not.

I seriously can't believe there's already discussion about trading Virtanen.

Are some people that impatient/paranoid? Or do they always just assume every other prospect will turn out better.

Would you guys not trade Virtanen for the #5 or #6 pick in this years draft if you could?

As great as he is, this draft is top heavy, my suggestion isn't about wanting to trade away Virts, its that he is probably our best asset when it pertains to trading up to get a high pick.

I would love to be able to get Marner and keep Virtanen, I think they would be a great duo, but Idk what package we would be able to put together to get him that doesn't include Bo or Jake.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Canucks wont trade virtanen. Jb already said that.

It also makes no sense.

Plus i cant see any of buffalo arizona edmonton carolina or toronto trading their picks. Maybe cbj but marner will be gone by then.

I doubt canucks move up or aquire another first. Maybe another 2nd rounder.

Canucks wont trade virtanen. Jb already said that.

It also makes no sense.

Plus i cant see any of buffalo arizona edmonton carolina or toronto trading their picks. Maybe cbj but marner will be gone by then.

I doubt canucks move up or aquire another first. Maybe another 2nd rounder.

FTFY, canucks don't have a 2nd to add on.

Would you guys not trade Virtanen for the #5 or #6 pick in this years draft if you could?

As great as he is, this draft is top heavy, my suggestion isn't about wanting to trade away Virts, its that he is probably our best asset when it pertains to trading up to get a high pick.

I would love to be able to get Marner and keep Virtanen, I think they would be a great duo, but Idk what package we would be able to put together to get him that doesn't include Bo or Jake.

I can't tell if serious or just stoopid

north-south player, average hockey iq, average vision, good powerful wrist shot, throws punishign hits, cocky and wants to win, average defensive ability, very fast

will max out as a 2nd/low end 1st line wing who has the capabity of 30 goals with the right linemaets

For reals?? Where does his hockey iq come off being average?? From what you heard other uninformed cdcers say? Edited by Virtanen The Great

"Overrated" doesn't mean that he's all offense - he may not be the best shutdown in junior but he's still pretty damn good

And so what if Virtanen plays less than 17 minutes a game? Do realize that higher TOI doesn't guarantee higher PPG

It wont help his point per 60, but I could be wrong here. But if he gets 4 more shifts a game, then that's 4 more chances to get more points.. so while it doesn't guarantee it, it sure is pretty close. Edited by Virtanen The Great

Will he be in Utica for the playoffs? On a PTO since kootney or kamloops will be the teams coming out of the dub into the memorial cup. What about McCann or cassels will either of them be on a PTO ? Eerie, Oshawa or SSO will be the champs in the OHL so either one of cassells or McCann in Utica in a month or 2?

Really Kootenay? I live in cranbrook and only went to one game this year... I thought we didn't have a chance, been really fun to go watch Reinhart play tho.

Edited by Virtanen The Great

There's a lot of extreme back and forth going on here after much of the original comments were reasonably middle of the road. I think the pro-Jake crowd has been a too harsh on a number of the people pointing out flaws or being cautious about his game.

Virtanen is doing well, but to say we would be happy if his offence didn't translate as expected to the NHL level and all we were left with was a big body with speed. That's not good enough for the highest pick we've had in a long, long time and are likely to get for awhile. There's certainly no reason to be throwing out the 'bust' tag but it's absolutely reasonable to be concerned over consistency in production in his draft +1 year in the very least, and also to understand how other prospects drafted around him are achieving and doing pretty well in large part.

I'm not even going to say something as strong as I'm worried since it's so early on, but I'm also not going to say I wouldn't like to be seeing more from what will likely be our highest draft pick we get during this retool.

No one's arguing that he doesn't have a lot of good skills, but what we are saying is we'd like to see a little more from him considering where he was picked.

The Canucks need to get more 2015 picks, not ditch great prospects and picks in some farcical upgrade attempt. What a troll.

That's rich, coming from you who is all but guaranteeing Virts makes the team next year. He's just saying Virtanen is an asset that would be asked for by other teams if we wanted to move up and get a quality player in this draft.

And he's right, on that and also that we likely won't be getting Barzal with where we sit in the draft order currently. Maybe we drop in the standings and he drops in the rankings so that we can meet somewhere in the middle, but it's not very likely at this point.

• Upvote 3

The kid is busier watching "scouting tapes" than a thirteen year old with a brazzers account.

Hahaha, must be man. Cause I've been to a few if jakes games live. And he has good hockey iq, he missed a couple plays and obviously has room for improvement. Just like every player in certain areas. But from what I saw live it was definitely better than average.

Don't worry, Boston's bandwagon's in for a rough ride soon.

Haha, thanks man.. needed that. I'm the only nucks fan up here, so I take a lot of flack lol. But they are Def worried this year, and at least they all agree that chara is the most over rated player in the NHL.

Guest Dasein

It wont help his point per 60, but I could be wrong here. But if he gets 4 more shifts a game, then that's 4 more shots a points.. so while it doesn't guarantee it, it sure is pretty close.

What? That makes no sense.

Will he be in Utica for the playoffs? On a PTO since kootney or kamloops will be the teams coming out of the dub into the memorial cup. What about McCann or cassels will either of them be on a PTO ? Eerie, Oshawa or SSO will be the champs in the OHL so either one of cassells or McCann in Utica in a month or 2?

Kamloops might not even make the playoffs..you are going out on a limb with that statement.Kelowna..Brandon and Calgary might have something to say about it.