The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I think he will be able to be on the ice at camp for some drills and workouts off the ice which would be literally amazing considering the normal timeline for recovery. Worst thing he can do is rush though, and keep himself off the ice longer. I'm hoping he gets into skating and stick handling drills, plus some systems stuff, but in the end goes back to junior without playing in a game.

I always wonder if a guys like Virtanen, Shinkaruk, etc ever read these posts. I mean they are in the generation where they use twitter/Facebook/Instagram. If they do, wonder how they feel about all these comparisons and expectations haha.

Welcome to Vancouver, where if you don't fit our needs, pretty much a bust.

I always wonder if a guys like Virtanen, Shinkaruk, etc ever read these posts. I mean they are in the generation where they use twitter/Facebook/Instagram. If they do, wonder how they feel about all these comparisons and expectations haha.

Welcome to Vancouver, where if you don't fit our needs, pretty much a bust.

I would be surprised if they didn't.

Oh come on. CDC isn't the centre of the universe...

The question was whether or not these guys ever see this kind of stuff and I'd imagine they do at least see or hear about it from someone. I'm not saying these guys actively visit online forums to see what people think of them.

The question was whether or not these guys ever see this kind of stuff and I'd imagine they do at least see or hear about it from someone. I'm not saying these guys actively visit online forums to see what people think of them.

some guys have big enough egos to do it at least for a little while.

I see Virtanen going back to junior. Take the time to heal his shoulder, and then play the best hockey for the remainder of his season. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it hard on WD next season, whether he should play in the NHL or not. He's got the physical tools, and is a gifted offensive player (goals wise). if not, no rush. back to junior it would be for him (again), and then perhaps another season of AHL seasoning.

Virtanen's going to be a good player for us, though.

I'm guessing they don't pay much attention to forums. I am quite sure, however, they are mentioned on retweets of various rumors they are involved in. for example, Shinkaruk had heard his name mentioned (via twitter) in a package for the first overall pick prior to the draft. I know this because the Vancouver media asked him what he had heard about it. If these guys manage not to hear or read things, this market will bring it to their attention just as quickly.

I see Virtanen going back to junior. Take the time to heal his shoulder, and then play the best hockey for the remainder of his season. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it hard on WD next season, whether he should play in the NHL or not. He's got the physical tools, and is a gifted offensive player (goals wise). if not, no rush. back to junior it would be for him (again), and then perhaps another season of AHL seasoning.

Virtanen's going to be a good player for us, though.

I agree and maybe the Hitman will trade him even though they are a pretty competitive team in their division in the dub. I hope Virtanen can make the Canadian Juniors team with McCann (wishful thinking).

I'm guessing they don't pay much attention to forums. I am quite sure, however, they are mentioned on retweets of various rumors they are involved in. for example, Shinkaruk had heard his name mentioned (via twitter) in a package for the first overall pick prior to the draft. I know this because the Vancouver media asked him what he had heard about it. If these guys manage not to hear or read things, this market will bring it to their attention just as quickly.

Yeah -- the media made it up and wanted to see how well it spread and if it affected him, basically to stroke their egos.

I don't think he is going anywhere. The Hitmen just had five of their players drafted and they are all likely to come back next year. A team with Jake Virtanen, Travis Sanheim, Greg Chase, Ben Thomas, Radel Fazleev is going to do fine (especially in the Eastern Conference with Edmonton losing so many key players, Lazar incl if he makes the NHL). Not to mention they have some VERY solid rookies in Jake Bean, Beck Malenstyn, and Evan Johnson. If their regular roster players step up (they do need another center though, maybe Malenstyn or Pavel Karnaukhov can step up), they can have another top team this coming season.

Portland and Kelowna will be tough tests in the West again, although those teams also give up some of their top producers. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

• Upvote 2

Yeah me too. I'll just have to make due with going to games with the Hitmen in town. I went to the game we hosted Medicine Hat but Shink was injured. Sucked, lol.

I went to that game as well. Even injured you could see Shink was the best player on the ice.