The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Virtanen getting boo'd. Yikes, that's four notches in the wall.

he's fridging up to 8 pim's, although Medicine Hate didn't score on those powerplays, is has given them enough momentum to make it 5-4 for crying out loud.

I will be surprised if he's not scratched next game win or lose. Kids a loose canon. I can't imagine him doing much better with the Vancouver Canucks.

If people saw some of the stuff they get called for in junior you would laugh. You think the NHL is getting soft, watch what these refs call.

Yes he has to be more disciplined, but honestly, the majority of stuff he is getting called for would not be a penalty in the NHL. Something tells me he's earned a bit of a reputation with the refs..

I'm very curious what Benning has to be thinking. I'm still happy about taking a local power forward, even at sixth overall.

However, when you look at the monster performance that Nick Richie is showing with S.S. Marie compared to Virtanen's "Kyle Beach" performance in the WHL playoffs, you really have to wonder.

I like Virtanen and I just hope Benning and Linden get to the bottom of Virtanen's problematic season.

• Upvote 2

I'm very curious what Benning has to be thinking. I'm still happy about taking a local power forward, even at sixth overall.

However, when you look at the monster performance that Nick Richie is showing with S.S. Marie compared to Virtanen's "Kyle Beach" performance in the WHL playoffs, you really have to wonder.

I like Virtanen and I just hope Benning and Linden get to the bottom of Virtanen's problematic season.

Jake Virtanen = Kyle Beach ...... here comes the :frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Also last time i check Ritchie is on the best offensive team in the CHL. Jake is 1 point under a PPG no need to write him off just yet. Getzlaf was a huge no show in his +1 year now look at him

Edited by Gstank29

Ritchie plays for the best team in the league. And I'm sorry, but the Kyle Beach comparison is ridiculous. Virtanen has a lethal shot and elite skating. He's not just some plug. Ritchie on the other hand scores so much because he is a kid with a man's body playing in a boys league.

Jake Virtanen = Kyle Beach ...... here comes the :frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Also last time i check Ritchie is on the best offensive team in the CHL. Jake is 1 point under a PPG no need to write him off just yet. Getzlaf was a huge no show in his +1 year now look at him

Ritchie plays for the best team in the league. And I'm sorry, but the Kyle Beach comparison is ridiculous. Virtanen has a lethal shot and elite skating. He's not just some plug. Ritchie on the other hand scores so much because he is a kid with a man's body playing in a boys league.

I said Virtanen is having a "Kyle Beach" performance in this year's playoffs. I did not say that Virtanen will be the next version of Chicago's '08 bust. And I already stated that I like Virtanen.

But ONE playoff goal and all these penalty minutes are unacceptable. Especially, for a player who played in the WJC. Furthermore, Calgary has proven to be a good offensive team.

Edited by Tiger-Hearted

Virtanen getting boo'd. Yikes, that's four notches in the wall.

They are not booing Jake, they are booing the refs. Surprised you could hear anything from the crowd anyways, lowest attendance in ages.

Edited by bigbadbob

I like how Ritchie only puts up points cause he's on the best team in the league but McCann putting up tonnes of points is just because he's awesome, not because he's on the best team in the league

I said a couple of times McCan production towards the end of the season was because he was playing if better players. But that still doesnt take away the fact he is a 2-way centre meaning offense a nice bonus. Ritchie IMO is going to bust

I said a couple of times McCan production towards the end of the season was because he was playing if better players. But that still doesnt take away the fact he is a 2-way centre meaning offense a nice bonus. Ritchie IMO is going to bust

Actually, with McCann, defence is a nice bonus.

he's fridging up to 8 pim's, although Medicine Hate didn't score on those powerplays, is has given them enough momentum to make it 5-4 for crying out loud.

I will be surprised if he's not scratched next game win or lose. Kids a loose canon. I can't imagine him doing much better with the Vancouver Canucks.

Are you being sarcastic? If not this post is beyond garbage. Jake has all the skill to be an NHL player. Yes he needs a bit more discipline but saying he should be scratched makes you look like you know nothing about the game. He was the Hitmens best player in game 7 and the first game of this series yet he's in for a scratching... Foolish CDC Edited by messier's_elbow
  • Upvote 1

Have you ever had major shoulder surgery? Let me guess your one of the guys calling Shinkaruk a bust 3 months into his season also. Sometimes I wonder how long some of you guys have been following hockey. Jake has things to work on no doubt, mainly consistency, but he hasn't had a Kyle beach season... He played well in the WJC and he has been the Hitmens best player in several of their playoffs games.
  • Upvote 1