The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Based on what?

In the NHL, Clendening was +1, while Corrado was -7. Clendening also had 15 shots to Corrado's 8. Clendening had 2 pts to Corrado's 1.

In the AHL, Corrado did better than Clendening; however, it's the NHL that counts, right?

• Upvote 2

In the NHL, Clendening was +1, while Corrado was -7. Clendening also had 15 shots to Corrado's 8. Clendening had 2 pts to Corrado's 1.

In the AHL, Corrado did better than Clendening; however, it's the NHL that counts, right?

Speaking of small sample sizes...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Corrado waiver exempt while Clendening isn't? That should play a huge part in which one makes the team...Clendening is practically guaranteed. That being said, it's possible Corrado makes it as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Corrado waiver exempt while Clendening isn't? That should play a huge part in which one makes the team...Clendening is practically guaranteed. That being said, it's possible Corrado makes it as well.

No, AV burned off a year playing Corrado in 2012-13...

That lineup is never going to happen. Most of our prospects currently in the AHL are pretty average at best. The only one that did light up the AHL was Baertschi, and he barely stayed in the lineup in CGY/VAN. Even Linden Vey, who tore up the AHL and is much more developed, had trouble staying in the lineup. I don't see anyone in the system beating solid players like Higgins, Hansen and Dorsett next year.

If two of our prospects made the NHL next year, I'd call that a win. My guess: Corrado and Baertschi next year.

Tell me that after it happens in a year or two, it isn't likely to happen next year by a long shot. As in never is a long time and all those players are above average and could be Calder Cup winners, etc.

It is very impressive how solid Virtanen is on his skates. Whenever someone trys to hit him they normally bounce off him. Even at the end of plays when someone intiates shoulder contact they normal get the worse end of it. A couple of solid offseasons to gain more muscle and Virtanen could be a physical force in the NHL.