The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Ewww got me there goose berry. How absurd of me. Where do I hand in my cdc membership cause I'll never live that one down.

Btw did you come up with that yourself or hire a team of writers? My money's on writers cause that was cleeeeever.

I think you missed my point though.

How long must we discuss jake / willy / nic together like there was ever any choice. It's all been discussed to the point of disgusting iMO.

Edit. And I'm on here discussing my opinion of how I don't like your opinion on these discussion boards , which is my right. And makes your statement about my statement about whiney hypocrites , hypocritical. In a way

I'll be sure to get the green light from you before iI talk about anything canuck related in the future. Forgive me cdc master, ruler of all virgins, keeper of the discussion, the one true king.

Question , Since when is supporting your team, players and prospects homerism?

Answer, since CDC dreamed it so

LOL

Saying that Drafting Virt weather he becomes a 1ST liner or a friggin 4th liner because it was the right decision or only decision is blatent homerism. Could you just imagine the crap storm on here if all he amounted to was a 4th/3rd round grinder as the 6th overall pick.

Saying that Drafting Virt weather he becomes a 1ST liner or a friggin 4th liner because it was the right decision or only decision is blatent homerism. Could you just imagine the crap storm on here if all he amounted to was a 4th/3rd round grinder as the 6th overall pick.

We don't have a crystal ball or time machine that I know of so if in hindsight if jake becomes a 4 th liner it was still the right pick AT THE TIME.

That's not my opinion it's fact and I'm not going to waste my time explaining why. Go back in the thread if u feel the need to figure it out.

Fairly sure you don't know what homerism means. Do u also call things Epic all the time not knowing that epic means long?

Edited by Seven pounds soft

Can't you guys see the error in your ways. All I did was state that I wished our fans would support jake a bit more. And I get attacked by multiple bully's within a minute.

Now, I've seen thier posts around. And believe they are fans , although being a fan obviously means something different to them, I try to keep an open mind.

Anywho I apologize for the rants, let's get back to discussing jake. I have faith he will be a very exciting player for us for many years.

Just throwing this out there

Nothing to do with how I perceive jake

But lots of top ten picks don't become first or second line players

He was the 6th pick because we had that pick, hometown kid with all the attributes a gm dreams of

So let's just call him a top ten pick

I don't have the stats but I'm sure someone could pull up some numbers showing how the last top ten picks have done over the last 8 seasons

Just because he was taken top ten doesn't mean he needs to be a 80 pt player

ELE boys!!!! Haha haven't watched the first two prospect games this year. Heard he's been doing very good physically, how is he looking offensively so far?

He created at least 3 opportunities for himself with his speed where he should have scored

Wrap around and cutting through the crease

He gets around the defense with ease

I haven't seen him take any really quality shots but he's been used as a net front prescence on the 1st pp

Made some nice passes

Just throwing this out there

Nothing to do with how I perceive jake

But lots of top ten picks don't become first or second line players

He was the 6th pick because we had that pick, hometown kid with all the attributes a gm dreams of

So let's just call him a top ten pick

I don't have the stats but I'm sure someone could pull up some numbers showing how the last top ten picks have done over the last 8 seasons

Just because he was taken top ten doesn't mean he needs to be a 80 pt player

Precisely. Seems everyone wants him to be an elite, 80+ point, Canadian Ovechkin.

There's nothing wrong with him becoming a 50-60 point, in your face, physically punishing forward as his 'lowly' ceiling.

Edited by J.R.

Precisely. Seems everyone wants him to be an elite, 80+ point, Canadian Ovechkin.

There's nothing wrong with him becoming a 50-60 point, in your face, physically punishing forward as his 'lowly' ceiling.

Not saying I want 80 points from him if he can be that consistent 50 - 60 point physical presence then I'd be happy.

I said 80 points for Ehlers because that's a his top end potential. Of course you, at least, want to Virtanen to meet his potential as much as possible as well.

Personally I am crossing my fingers if Virtanen has a rookie season like Mark Stone *drools*.

Edited by iinatcc

He created at least 3 opportunities for himself with his speed where he should have scored

Wrap around and cutting through the crease

He gets around the defense with ease

I haven't seen him take any really quality shots but he's been used as a net front prescence on the 1st pp

Made some nice passes

I wish they'd move away from that. When he's out with McCann, McCann is the trigger-man. Put those two on different PP units and let guys try and feed Virtanen in the slot.

We don't have a crystal ball or time machine that I know of so if in hindsight if jake becomes a 4 th liner it was still the right pick AT THE TIME.

That's not my opinion it's fact and I'm not going to waste my time explaining why. Go back in the thread if u feel the need to figure it out. ...

You have a view of opinion vs fact that is drastically different from mine.

I have no issue with the Canucks' taking Virtanen where they did, but can't imagine how it being the right pick can be anything other than an opinion.

Judging from the prospect game against Jets, I'd say Virtanen played better than Ehlers. Other than the 2 on 1 pass Ehlers made in front of the net, he wasn't as impressive offensively as his junior stat-line indicates; Petan played better than Ehlers, but both were quite soft and knocked off the puck easily.

I'm not going to get into picking Virtanen over others, but I can't really say I want to see him on the team this year. From watching him last season in both Calgary and Utica, to the summer camp and now young stars his game with the puck leaves a lot to be desired and has not progressed one bit.

• Upvote 1

Can't you guys see the error in your ways. All I did was state that I wished our fans would support jake a bit more. And I get attacked by multiple bully's within a minute.

Now, I've seen thier posts around. And believe they are fans , although being a fan obviously means something different to them, I try to keep an open mind.

Anywho I apologize for the rants, let's get back to discussing jake. I have faith he will be a very exciting player for us for many years.

Who are "our" fans? The peeps here on CDC or the 17,000 that show up at the Rog?

Let's let him actually put a jersey and play his first shift as a Canuck in a regular season game before you start crapping on people about your perceived non-support. Whatever concerns people have are borne out of wanting so badly to see him succeed and have an impact. Wounds from the Cam Neely trade are not easily healed.

I still believe Jake will be beloved in this market the second he lays someone out. The blueprints for a statue will start getting drawn up if that player happens to be wearing a Coilers, Flames, Kings, Ducks or Bruins jersey.

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to get into picking Virtanen over others, but I can't really say I want to see him on the team this year. From watching him last season in both Calgary and Utica, to the summer camp and now young stars his game with the puck leaves a lot to be desired and has not progressed one bit.

I'm a Virtanen fan, but I do know what you mean but playing in the NHL will help his development far greater than the whl

He also brings a level of entertainment our team hasn't had in a rookie since bure

Every time we play the oilers it will be " keep your head up"

He adds a spark which can change the game

And help us win witch should be the deciding factor in if he stays or goes

Does he help us win?

I say yes

Edit spelling

Edited by Off_The_Schneid!
  • Upvote 1