The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I've just been checking out his stats on EliteProspects. It looks like this coming season will be his 4th in the WHL, meaning that he can play in the AHL next season, which could be hugely beneficial for both him and the Canucks organisation.

The first year was only 9 games - does anyone know if that counts as one year in terms of AHL eligibility?

I've just been checking out his stats on EliteProspects. It looks like this coming season will be his 4th in the WHL, meaning that he can play in the AHL next season, which could be hugely beneficial for both him and the Canucks organisation.

The first year was only 9 games - does anyone know if that counts as one year in terms of AHL eligibility?

The nine games don't count, he's in his 3rd year of junior this season.

40 and 40 for Virtanen?

If he comes back soon and stays healthy, I'm gonna say 45-50G + 25-35A. The Hitmen look like they'll be a stronger team this year too. I don't know if they will play together, but Adam Tambellini will be on the team for a full year (barring trades) which will help the team's overall point output. I also expect Virtanen to play more on the 1st unit PP which should be a big boost. I don't have the stats, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the vast majority of his goals were scored at even strength.

If he comes back soon and stays healthy, I'm gonna say 45-50G + 25-35A. The Hitmen look like they'll be a stronger team this year too. I don't know if they will play together, but Adam Tambellini will be on the team for a full year (barring trades) which will help the team's overall point output. I also expect Virtanen to play more on the 1st unit PP which should be a big boost. I don't have the stats, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the vast majority of his goals were scored at even strength.

yup

if i remember right his 36 even strength goal lead the draft class

I looked at my Giants schedule and I don't see the Hitmen coming to town. The Giants will play in Calgary.

This has to suck. Shinkaruk's hip injury last season and now we won't be able to see Jake in action.

Imagine all the tickets being sold...just to watch a Canucks first round pick.