The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I notice the Nylander supporters are silent now. 4gp, 2pts, -1. Virtanen sporting a strong 5gp, 4pts, +/- even, and more hits than Nylander will see in his entire career. Also Jake with more shots and a higher shooting %. I know you can't conclude who's a better pick on a few preseason games, but Jake was getting flamed when Nylander got off to an early start over him

I think this horse has been beaten enough. It's clear we made the best choice at six.

You just can't let go...

:sadno:

If that kid line were to stay together, somebody has to play on the 2nd LW. Until Higgins gets moved it would be him...unless you'd prefer Prust?

Good thing for you I don't see the kid line as being anything permanent/regular this season.

I think this horse has been beaten enough. It's clear we made the best choice at six.

Hopefully, it's also clear that we also got a much better version of Nylander with the selection of Jared McCann, in the same draft.

Edited by Canorth

I would say that Baertshi is more similar to nylander other then the position I suppose but I think the leafs have moved him to wing

Baertshi is a dynamic playmaker

I really hate saying this, but I think Nylander is a better player than Baertshi. God, did I write that? It's my honest opinion though.

Why don't they go post on the Leafs and the Jets boards then, if they love soft, small , no compete, one way, future SEL players?

Because not everyone is thick enough to actually think those kind of qualities describe Nylander and Ehlers.

You don't have to put down other players to raise Virtanen's stock.

• Upvote 3

Because not everyone is thick enough to actually think those kind of qualities describe Nylander and Ehlers.

You don't have to put down other players to raise Virtanen's stock.

That's true. I will stop with the negative remarks about those two:)

• Upvote 1

Have you actually sat down and watched him play?

I try to only listen on the radio:)

Jokes aside. Yes, I have watched Baer for some time. I hope he becomes the next Nuslund. It bothers me, because I'm such a huge homer, to see things this way, but I just think he's not fit, so he looks to tire too quickly, and he stops skating. You know how I support our players, but there are somethings I see in players that have me question their future success.

I'm talking about Nylander, have you ever watched him play? You seem to know a lot about him

Oh. Yes, I've watched him since before his draft, but especially since he's been a Baby Bud. I really did not like his game at first, but this year he's really improved his compete off the puck. I do think he plays too much on the perimiter, but I see him as better than Baer.

Far better.

I don't know about far better, but better, because I think he's a bit more fit and able to compete off the puck more effectively. Their skills are too similar to find much contrast.

Back to Virtanen. He's a beast, and a unique player. It's nice to have a big guy, who can play like him.