The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I feel like i hear too often "shot by virtanen hits off a leg and into the corner" or "high and wide." I wanna see that sniper that i know he can be, he almost had 50 goals in the dub. Hopefully he starts throwing his weight around a little more as well, his hits are exciting.

2 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Sorry*

Ever have that problem yet? Where you try to quote something and it has a quote you previously had in the text box that you can't get rid of? 

That's what happened. Sorry 

It's possible to get rid of, it's just really hard and frustrating and I usually give up before I can do it.

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

He needs to work on his passing, his passing is almost always a rocket pass that the player can't control.

I agree. 

I always think "Why do you pass so hard". He gave a rocket pass to Strome I think and it bounced off his stick.

Posted this in another thread but it still applies

It seems like Virtanen is trying to play a pro game in a junior game. Technically his positioning is correct but when you have players like Strome and Marner doing circles around the ice then you get a dog pile on one side and it becomes a free for all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

I agree with your post. However can you explain that last part to me? 

The shark from a sharks tale paints himself to look like a dolphin and sings a homosexual song about himself. You likely don't have kids. This has been a good period for Jake, he seemed interested. 

21 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

He needs to work on his passing, his passing is almost always a rocket pass that the player can't control.

I disagree somewhat because he has made nice passes to guys cross-ice. But I completely agree in tight. It would add a great asset to his game and make him much more effective.

Virtanen hasn't been bad at all but he has been underwhelming because of the expectations and pressure as a returnee. I really like his discipline. He's not taking a run at guys, although one of his strong suit is his physicality and we've seen very little of it, I'm happy with it because if he nails a guy and gets a penalty he'll get bashed for it.

• Upvote 2