The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Does anybody though? Konecny is probably the only Canadian forward I'd say has been consistently good. 

Fair enough. Strome and Marner have shown some skilled flashes, but nothing consistent either. 

Best part about these tournaments is the round robin doesn't realllly matter. It's all about the playoff round.

1 minute ago, kazin! said:

Fair enough. Strome and Marner have shown some skilled flashes, but nothing consistent either. 

Best part about these tournaments is the round robin doesn't realllly matter. It's all about the playoff round.

Yeah Strome and Marner have looked great at times (mostly on the PP) and pretty bad at others. There's been plenty of guys who have been downright invisible, like Perlini for example.

Bad game for Canada, but I thought Virtanen played a decent game.

- Regarding the PP, I think he works better on the left-side of the boards instead of the net front presence.

- When Virtanen got mad, he showed why we drafted him and how effective he can be when he uses his body to cause turnovers. For whatever reason, he's not putting in that serious effort consistently like last year. 

To me its pretty evident this year's team is very weak and we don't appear to have the drive needed to win gold. But who knows, the real test starts vs Finland.

Edited by Tystick
Error

Aside from that first bad penalty and that crease violation in the 1st.  Virtanen had a decent game, if he didn't have the puck he was terrorizing the opposing defense, he was hitting everything that moved and forcing the swedish players to look at more than just the puck.

Decent game if you look at more than simply points as a statistic for a prospect

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah Strome and Marner have looked great at times (mostly on the PP) and pretty bad at others. There's been plenty of guys who have been downright invisible, like Perlini for example.

To perlini should be a new way to describe a magical disappearing act for a highly touted prospect.

He sure perlini'd that shift didn't he

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

To perlini should be a new way to describe a magical disappearing act for a highly touted prospect.

He sure perlini'd that shift didn't he

Maybe for Strome it should be being a puck hog, 

Don't be a Strome out there

Just now, Warhippy said:

Awww, so you don't like being wrong and won't go look for yourself and your answer is "leave me alone"

k

Ha-ha, interesting considering you neglect on reading reasonings

And frack is team Canada right now after the Virt's bad penalty, utter BS that they got scored on for unnecessary penalty and you wouldn't acknowledge that, and bring out Bertuzzi, who had nothing to do with the play

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah, I don't know if it was the Canadian fans calling for a shot or what but he frustrated me on that PP.

He tries to put so much into that shot but he takes so much time. Just go low for the pads and get a rebound. 

2 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

Maybe for Strome it should be being a puck hog, 

Don't be a Strome out there

Barring that last goal Marner could be that as well.  Looking at the last minute of play with an empty net Marner held that puck for almost 15 full seconds doing nothing

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Bad game for Canada, but I thought Virtanen played a decent game.

- Regarding the PP, I think he works better on the left-side of the boards instead of the net front presence.

- When Virtanen got mad, he showed why we drafted him and how effective he can be when he uses his body to cause turnovers. For whatever reason, he's not putting in that serious effort consistently like last year

To me its pretty evident this year's team is very weak and we don't appear to have the drive needed to win gold. But who knows, the real test starts vs Finland.

He's thinking too much imo.  Gotta play by instinct.

It looks to me like he has gotten used to playing under the NHL structure.  Obviously, the rest of the team doesn't play like that.  Jake has gotten better each game I think.

3 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

Ha-ha, interesting considering you neglect on reading reasonings

And frack is team Canada right now after the Virt's bad penalty, utter BS that they got scored on for unnecessary penalty and you wouldn't acknowledge that, and bring out Bertuzzi, who had nothing to do with the play

You stated Bertuzzi wouldn't do that.  I said you obviously didn't watch much hockey in berts hey day.  You refused to go look.

There's no reasoning to be had.  You made an erroneous and false statement and won't go look to correct it, so you told me to stop quoting you.

Deal with it.

As well, Virt played a solid game.  Team canada didn't.