The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

10 minutes ago, smokes said:

I'm replying to the Nazzy who said there were reports of Bo for Drouin. I'm saying There were those reports because the Canucks really don't have anyone else to trade if they want Drouin. Tampa would never do that deal.

Pretty sure Tampa offered drouin for horvat plus and Benning told him to pound sand. Glad he did. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2016 at 0:31 PM, Ihatetomatoes said:

But a lot of small forwards take more time to develop as well. There is no difference based on size it's purely player to player. Hopefully Jake is one of those guys that just takes a long time but it has nothing to do with his size.

But a lot of those players develop in the minors so less is expected of them at first. Power forwards are often physically developed enough to play in the NHL so they're more visible and some people expect them to be that NHL player they want them to be sooner. In Virtanen's case, he's definitely ready physically, and the stats show he's doing well in other areas of the ice other than the scoresheet, but it's the offensive game that's left to catch up (and maybe mental development as well).

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, smokes said:

I'm replying to the Nazzy who said there were reports of Bo for Drouin. I'm saying There were those reports because the Canucks really don't have anyone else to trade if they want Drouin. Tampa would never do that deal.

There were never real 'reports' of a Bo for Drouin trade.  

There were people on here talking about it.  

I really doubt Alf and Deniro have real inside information.  

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Definitely, He's got all the tools, now all he needs is the correct tutelage. 

And opportunity. I'm just not a fan of plugging kids with offensive upside into the 4th line to play with guys who know it's NOT their job to create offence. I'd even like to see Gaunce play with Horvat at some point with the message being, "you are a young player, enjoy the game, play 200ft, take some chances in their end"

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Again, CDC hogwash and dummy rumours.  

Show me where Bobby Mac or someone legit said that was real.  

Fair enough. Plenty of articles from less than reputable writers spreading the rumor but nothing from the top guys in the buis. Either way I'm glad Horvat is still with canucks. 

3 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean it didn't happen! It wasn't BMac but it was someone from TSN. Maybe research a bit before you say something dumb.

Please post the name of that someone. Do some research, before you say something dumb.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean it didn't happen! It wasn't BMac but it was someone from TSN. Maybe research a bit before you say something dumb.

Just because it never happened doesn't mean it didn't happen

PFFT

No Bobby Mac, no Friedman, no Portzline...NOBODY

But hey, it happened

Image result for i was there

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Nope they didn't.  It was never a rumour. 

I've read nothing but garbage from you since I started noticing you on here.  

You have now joined Alf in the elite ranks of posters who I have blocked.  

Bye!

11 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Nope they didn't.  It was never a rumour. 

I've read nothing but garbage from you since I started noticing you on here.  

You have now joined Alf in the elite ranks of posters who I have blocked.  

Bye!

No name? Tough when you have to take 'sniper fire' when all there is skinny security men around. :) 

39 minutes ago, Hoosierdaddy said:

And opportunity. I'm just not a fan of plugging kids with offensive upside into the 4th line to play with guys who know it's NOT their job to create offence. I'd even like to see Gaunce play with Horvat at some point with the message being, "you are a young player, enjoy the game, play 200ft, take some chances in their end"

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner......^THIS^ and all day ^THIS^

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

There were never real 'reports' of a Bo for Drouin trade.  

There were people on here talking about it.  

I really doubt Alf and Deniro have real inside information.  

If anything it was the usual suspects (any windbag on radio?) speculating on what it would cost to land Drouin. 'Well I think the starting point would be Bo Horvat with the Canucks having to add o land Drouin."  

Who kmows if there was any concrete offer.  JB could have called Stevie Y when Drouin was available and the call would sound like this,' Hey Steve, I heard that Drouin was available, what are you looking for in return?' 

'Bo Horvat and your 5th OA.....Hey Jim are you there....?"

'Dial tone.'

next thing you know rumours come out that the Canucks offered up Bo Horvat for Drouin. 

All quotes were were hypothetical and completely false. Any resemblance to actual events is purely unintentional and I do not want to be used as a source in the Trades and Rumours section! 

EW

• Upvote 1