The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... So teenagers never get Jealous of other teenagers?

They Never try to show another up to look better?

Teenagers are blind to the fact that they do it.

...And you 2 couldn't see that in those games?

Im obviously responding to teenagers.   LMAO 

Im sure they were so jealous of jakes 4th line nhl minutes, and would rather lose the biggest tournament of their lives than pass him the puck. You're right that makes complete sense. His penalties called agianst him were probably because the refs were jealose too.

LMAO

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Conscience said:

Im sure they were so jealous of jakes 4th line nhl minutes, and would rather lose the biggest tournament of their lives than pass him the puck. You're right that makes complete sense. His penalties called agianst him were probably because the refs were jealose too.

LMAO

Contract, Money and Big Show.. Jake wasn't living on a prayer like them.

Watch the games again, you will see how many times Jake is open for the pass, and has the best opportunity to score, only to be snubbed.. clear evidence.

Penalties come from frustration,. But I'm sure you get that.

..And Jake's Character Issues?Damn, your heart must have broke when you saw a picture of him with Justin Bieber.

.. your making more sense with every line you write.

#Adolecent

Edited by SilentSam

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Contract, Money and Big Show.. Jake wasn't living on a prayer like them.

Watch the games again, you will see how many times Jake is open for the pass, and has the best opportunity to score, only to be snubbed.. clear evidence.

Penalties come from frustration,. But I'm sure you get that.

..And Jake's Character Issues?Damn, your heart must have broke when you saw a picture of him with Justin Bieber.

.. your making more sense with every line you write.

#Adolecent

When did i mention character issues? All im saying is its not because of jealousy that he had a bad turnanent. Thats the stupidest excuse ive ever heard. Have you played on team before? I bet that didn't cross the players mind once in the tournament.

I recall a few time where jake was open but theyre just kids not henrik sedin with great vision. 

Virtanen had a great game tonight.

Dont give up on this kid.  Forget about his draft position.  He is a Canuck asset and could be a very valuable one too.  If he can use his speed and heavy forecheck to cause turn overs and wear down d men, that alone is a valuable asset.   I still think we can see 20 goal years from this kid.

Look at Boston and LA: they won cups with big fore checking wingers that could wear down the opposition and cause havoc in the corners and in front of the net.  It takes all types of ingredients and he brings a lot of valuable assets to the table.  He doesnt have to score 40 goals.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

There is much more evidence of him having character issues then there is of his teammates not passing to him on purpose because they were jealous of him.. 

You finally were able to muscle up the courage to respond to one of my comments eh?   You neg rep one of comments every day without any explanation even when I ask for one.  You have some weird obsession with me and I really don't like it.  

That's not possible... Horvatsbighead gets many of my well spent minuses!  

Awesome to hear he had a great game. The problem has never been that he can't play this way, it's been that he hasn't played this way consistently.

Lets hope he can follow this up with another great performance and start moving in the right direction.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Awesome to hear he had a great game. The problem has never been that he can't play this way, it's been that he hasn't played this way consistently.

Lets hope he can follow this up with another great performance and start moving in the right direction.

Very true...

Well, they are right back at it tomorrow night vs Syracuse.  Someone wrote that Canuck management might be in attendance this weekend.  Hopefully he follows up with another strong performance and gets going in the right direction...

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He has definitely shown the player he can be when he's motivated. First 15 games last year. The 2 weeks after world juniors. He's going to have to find a way to be constantly motivated. I feel it's his training and diet that is bringing him down. Hopefully he learns that he not 16 anymore and has to eat and train like a pro. Cant expect to compete 20lbs over weight

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Conscience said:

When did i mention character issues? All im saying is its not because of jealousy that he had a bad turnanent. Thats the stupidest excuse ive ever heard. Have you played on team before? I bet that didn't cross the players mind once in the tournament.

I recall a few time where jake was open but theyre just kids not henrik sedin with great vision. 

How is it stupid?

It exists at that level of Junior,. If you show well, your ranking goes up. Why would they give the puck to Jake? He had already made it,. Why would an undrafted player waste an opportunity to make themselves look better than him?

Selfishness and Jealousy.

You just stated yourself that you recognize a few times where Jake was open in that tournament, and not used.. "kids, not great vision".

Systems have you looking for a player to "outlay" to, always.. in every situation.

if you played, you know this, .. 

and if your a "kid" or "teenager", or have ever been one.. you know competition and jealousy.

it exists.

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

20 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Very true...

Well, they are right back at it tomorrow night vs Syracuse.  Someone wrote that Canuck management might be in attendance this weekend.  Hopefully he follows up with another strong performance and gets going in the right direction...

Hopefully Jake is turning the corner,.  Hats off to TG for creating strong relationships with his players and gaining their common respect through trust.. hopeful to see the payback 10 fold if he gets behind the Canucks bench in the (near) future.

Go Jake !!

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Holy crap the kid is possessed.  He's had 3 solid chances in the third period already and he just steam rolled some poor SOB 

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Listening to the Comets  vs Penguins game....Comets down 3-1 in the third, good news is that announcer is saying Jake is having a very strong game. Back checking, forechecking, getting shots.  Attacking with speed....he ran over Tom Kostopoulos...sounds like one of his best games in the past weeks....

Sounds like that teaching opportunity had the desired effect. Now he needs to work on doing it consistently. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

Looking alot more like the player he was in junior.

With his speed he should be able to consistently force turnovers like that. It's just the willingness to do it that he has to keep working on.

Edited by DeNiro