The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

McCann is already a better player than Vey, I think he's showed that he deserves atleast his 9 games. And he played Wing last night so he could replace Higgins spot in the lineup. He's even been better than Virtanen. And even from an overall standpoint more impressive than Horvat was last year IMO.

Gaunce has also earned a spot on this team.

Daniel - Hank - Vrby

Beartschi - Horvat - Burr

McCann - Sutter - Hansen

Prust - Gaunce - Dorsett

Vey/Virtanen

Could alternate some of the younger guys (Baert, Vey, Virtanen, McCann, Gaunce) throughout the lineup until a decision is made on which ones are the best to go with.

McCann though is a great example of a player who has come to camp and earned a shot to play, but as much as GM's say it most times they don't get the shot they deserve, but hopefully Lindenning gives him a shot.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Wing to start his NHL career. Sort of like Galenyuk on Montreal. Although his face off skills are good. Might be a better way to ease him into the Nhl this season although I highly doubt they make room for him and am disappointed as I've been very impressed and excited with our boy. I see a lot of you feel the same.

That's not a big improvement on last year. Also does that imply he's going to spend 20 or so games injured?

1.80 PPG vs 1.45 last year isn't a big improvement? That gets him into similar range as Max Domi had in his draft+2 with a better roster than McCann is going to have this year. Wouldn't complain if that's what he put up.

That's not a big improvement on last year. Also does that imply he's going to spend 20 or so games injured?

Holy crap with the expectations man.

If he's plays for juniors and stays with nucks much longer he will miss 20 or so games

He deserves a spot on this team if he continues to play the way he is. He's made some solid defensive plays, and his offensive game speaks for itself. He's been trusted on the PK and on the 2nd unit PP. McCann makes this team better. It's time for Benning to stick to his rhetoric, and 'make room' for a young roster player.

He deserves a spot on this team if he continues to play the way he is. He's made some solid defensive plays, and his offensive game speaks for itself. He's been trusted on the PK and on the 2nd unit PP. McCann makes this team better. It's time for Benning to stick to his rhetoric, and 'make room' for a young roster player.

Agree. Don't mind having him up for at least 9 games if he can keep up this type of play. Still think he will start to slow down towards the end of the season due to his conditioning (if he somehow stays for over 9 games) but it will not be a bad thing at all.

Ditto! I echo your sentiments, especially about JB sticking to his word, and making room by moving out guys like Vey, And even Higgins and Hansen if needed.

Archived