The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

Do you guys think Vey will be claimed off waivers? I honestly think he wouldn't, but I guess its just too risky.

If they do waive him it will be at the last possible moment before the season starts so that all the other teams will have set their rosters and may be waiving one of their own players as well.

I think he makes it through this one time.

I also think he will have a really good game tonight...so...uh....hmm...

Should have traded Vey for Gormley rather than signing Bartkowski.

Would have made room for McCann, got rid of Vey & got something of return that has upside & could be useful.

Dude.

No one knew McCann would explode - well, except me. :P

Same thing with Horvat last year, which is why Vey was acquired in the first place. Horvat surprised last year, just as McCann has this year. It's a welcome problem to have.

Was that even a thing

Gormley was traded to the Avs for next to nothing I'm sure Vey would have been a more interesting return.

Dude.

Same thing with Horvat last year, which is why Vey was acquired in the first place. Horvat surprised last year, just as McCann has this year. It's a welcome problem to have.

McCann, Gaunce, Jensen, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, there were plenty of young players capable of pushing, just getting rid of Vey for something like Gormley to make room for one of them would have made sense.

The entire Vey thing has been pretty bad from day 1. Nothing against Vey I like him and some of the things he brings it just didn't really make sense long term and it wasn't good asset management.

Dude.

Yes it's good to have the kids pushing one another and the vets for spots. The bigger issue is Vey cost us a second.

My long term plan for McCann:

-I want him as an NHL centre, SO

-Winger with Canucks till WJC (NHL XP), then back to junior as a C for his 2015-16 season

-AHL all year long as a centre in 2016-17 with call-ups as much as possible (More pro XP)

-Sedin's retire, McCann comes in as a center.

I would much rather have our most skilled and intelligent prospect have a first hand experience playing alongside and learning from two franchise level talent players.

A powerplay with McCann and the Sedin's would be absolutely gorgeous.

McCann won't make the team because he'd have to be the 4C as the rookie due to seniority, and that's not the best route for him to develop. Not to say he should never play 4C, just that he needs to have a legitimate opportunity to buy up top9 minutes if we're gonna mold him into a 1C. Who knows though, maybe that's why they're trying him as a winger to see how versatile he is. I just don't see two 19 year olds making it in the same year unless there is NO OTHER CHOICE.

Archived