The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

I like that McCann showed disappointment that he fell to 24th in the draft...shows that he expects more for and from himself, which is a good place to start. May give him the motivation to prove to everyone that he should have gone higher.

Likewise, I like Virtanen's excitement and exuberance. Two emotional kids joining the prospect pool.

Good picks for the Canucks...surprised (elated) that we were able to get a kid of McCann's skill set at 24th.

Been a great day for the Canucks so far.

Maybe he wasn't as pissed to be a Canuck as he was to have to compete with the likes of Horvat - Cassels - Gaunce in a center pipeline that already possesses Richardson - Matthias - H. Sedin - Bonino ?

Horvat, Gaunce, Bonino, Matthias and Richardson are all capable of playing wing.

Frankly, this is an issue that's being overblown. Too many centres is better than not enough. Just ask the Kings and Sharks.

Whats with the yelling??.... you mad Bro?

Naw man, i've just taken a lot of flak for guys i've supported the last few months, namely Virtanen, McCann, Scherbak, Goldobin, and McKeown. It just sucks to be insulted by people who know nothing about hockey. And now, I have my opportunity to brag.

I think he's more disappointed that he fell as far as he did. He was ranked quite a bit higher than he went.

The more I think back to the interview that was it more than anything. There was no malice there just a bit of shock. It's a good sign that he was focusing on hockey there and not the camera.

That's Desire.

Stop being a negative nancy, you were one of the first few on the Virtanen train back in April. Now you're all worried about goals and risky euros? Come on you know better. Simple comparison is the Oilers vs. Avelanche, both have had high picks in recent years, the Oilers went pure risky offense, while the Aves chose rounded players. One team is a playoff team, the other is in the basement.

I am not worried at all, never was worried about risky Euros either.

Just more worried about building to much of the same thing in our depth.

On RW we have Grenier

On LW we have Shinkaruk and Virtanen

at C We have Lain Mallett Horvat Cassels Gaunce Schroeder Friesen Labate and technically Fox.

Again just seems like a safe shade of overkill and I hope we make a run on RW and LW in the next 2 or 3 rounds

Not negative at all just like me a full course meal so to speak

Edit add on **

Qualify the fact Jensen is still there but after Shinkaruk and Virtanen Archibald is our next best LW and after Grenier nobody

From his prospect profile on NHL.com:

• McCann finished second on Sault Ste. Marie in goals (27) and points (62) during the 2013-14 season. In 2012-13, he received Ontario Hockey League All-Rookie Second Team honors after recording 44 points (21-23—44) in 64 games.

• He won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2013 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and bronze at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship. McCann also represented Ontario at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.

• He scored the game-winning goal for Team Orr in a 4-3 win over Team Cherry at the 2014 CHL Top Prospects Game.

McCann is a superstitious player who hops into a cold tub before every game, a tradition he started while in a slump after hearing NHLers Rick Nash and John Mitchell do the same. McCann finished with a hat trick the first time he tried it, and has done so every game since.

• He wears No. 19 and models his game after the two-way style of Jonathan Toews.

I am not worried at all, never was worried about risky Euros either.

Just mroe worried about building to much of the same thing in our depth.

On RW we have Grenier

On LW we have Shinkaruk and Virtanen

at C We have Lain Mallett Horvat Cassels Gaunce Schroeder Friesen Labate and technically Fox.

Again just seems like a safe shade of overkill and I hope we make a run on RW and LW in the next 2 or 3 rounds

Not negative at all just like me a full course meal so to speak

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=120197

Everywhere but TSN has Virt as a RW. Plus Jensen and Kassian can be included in your RW list, as both are young roster players.

Archived