The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

It's too bad he still falls down a lot.

You and your man crush on Virtanen. : :D Don't worry, I have that too.

I would have Cassels higher than 10

Mccan

Cassels

Gaunce

Demko

Jensen

Shink

Corrado

Subban

Hutton

Tryamkin

No Virtanen?

Oh yeah, he sucks. bust. /sarcasm

But anyways, mine would be:

1.Virtanen

2.McCann

3.Clendening

4.Gaunce

5.Shinkaruk

6.Jensen

7.Demko

8.Subban

9.Cassels

10.Hutton

Umm no respect for jake I guess.

Virtanen

Shinkurak

Gaunce

McCaan

Subban

Big Russian guy

Etc

This are the guys I'm

Personally most excited for. In order.

We could draft top 5 this year and jake would still be at the top of my list.

Tryamkin shouldn't be top 10 for prospect rankings. He isn't really that good. I'd have him around the 15th/16th spot. That's just IMHO.

After my top 10:

11.McNally

12.Pedan

13.Grenier

14.Freisen(he's pretty damn good, under-rated a lot around here).

15.Tryamkin

etc..

Tryamkin shouldn't be top 10 for prospect rankings. He isn't really that good. I'd have him around the 15th/16th spot. That's just IMHO.

After my top 10:

11.McNally

12.Pedan

13.Grenier

15.Tryamkin

etc..

Like i clearly stated in my post,

Prospects I am personally excited for.

Ps Clendening isn't a prospect.

Like i clearly stated in my post,

Prospects I am personally excited for.

Ps Clendesing isn't a prospect.

BOLDED: I get that, I also said imho that Tryamkin just shouldn't be in the top 10.

And why do you think Clendening is not a prospect?

Has Clendening played 65 NHL games? No.

Is he currently 24 years old and older? No.

Clendening is a prospect. Horvat, and Kenins are also prospects. Hope I clarified that for you. :)

Can anyone confirm this?

BOLDED: I get that, I also said imho that Tryamkin just shouldn't be in the top 10.

And why do you think Clendening is not a prospect?

Has Clendening played 65 NHL games? No.

Is he currently 24 years old and older? No.

Clendening is a prospect. Horvat, and Kenins are also prospects. Hope I clarified that for you. :)

Can anyone confirm this?

I believe they are called rookies now. I could be wrong though.

Also I don't think age has anything to do with whether you're a prospect or not.

Lastly clendening looks old as &^@#. So I don't want to think of him as a prospect ;)

Been watching him alot since the Ritchie trade. Looking good.

Anyways, ive noticed how much Nick Ritchie looks like Kassian this season. Watched alot of Nick last season and he produced off the rush alot. This season he's battling down low alot more and doing well. McCann seems like a good fit with him.

Maybe McCann and Kassian can have similar chemistry in the future?

I believe they are called rookies now. I could be wrong though.

Also I don't think age has anything to do with whether you're a prospect or not.

Lastly clendening looks old as frack. So I don't want to think of him as a prospect ;)

Horvat technically is a prospect, and a rookie. You can apply both terms on a player. If the player has played more than 65 NHL games by the time he's 24, he's not labeled a prospect.

Clendening, I'm actually not so sure. I think it still applies to him even though he went straight from the NCAA to the AHL. It's complicated to say the least ^_^

You and your man crush on Virtanen. : :D Don't worry, I have that too.

No Virtanen?

Oh yeah, he sucks. bust. /sarcasm

But anyways, mine would be:

1.Virtanen

2.McCann

3.Clendening

4.Gaunce

5.Shinkaruk

6.Jensen

7.Demko

8.Subban

9.Cassels

10.Hutton

After my top 10:

11.McNally

12.Pedan

13.Grenier

15.Tryamkin

etc..

Well, you did put McNally ahead of players that are in the system and can still skate at the moment... The guy has less of a chance seeing the NHL than an undrafted AHL signing with his age and current health.

Horvat technically is a prospect, and a rookie. You can apply both terms on a player. If the player has played more than 65 NHL games by the time he's 24, he's not labeled a prospect.

Clendening, I'm actually not so sure. I think it still applies to him even though he went straight from the NCAA to the AHL. It's complicated to say the least ^_^

It's actually 25 games or age 26 - so Horvat is not a prospect but an NHL rookie - same goes for Vey and Corrado. Clendening has only 14 games - he'll shed the prospect status once he plays his 25th game and his status for the season changes to rookie.

Also by NHL's definition, Alex Biega isn't a rookie because he is 26 even though he only has 3 games.

Horvat, McCann, Cassels, Virtanen, Shinkaruk.... All great players. The tough part for any of them is translating their game to the pro level. If we get another player to come into camp, impress and make an impact like Horvat has this year, we will be extremely fortunate.

I for one think either McCann or Virtanen will be sticking with the big club next year. I hope they both at least get their full 9 games to see what they can do and for them to see how the Canucks operate.

I for one think either McCann or Virtanen will be sticking with the big club next year. I hope they both at least get their full 9 games to see what they can do and for them to see how the Canucks operate.

Not even the Hounds fans who watch McCann on a regular basis live think he'll be ready for the NHL next year. They fully expect him back in the red/white next year to dominate as a 19yr old. If he ends up with the Hounds next year again and gets close to 50g's and over 100pts while taking on even more of a leadership role - I'd say that wouln't be too bad for his overall development at this stage of his career. Not to mention it would be interesting to see what he could do at the world jr if he's considered for that.

Virtanen, well this is the McCann thread so I'll just say this - I can see JV playing a couple games with the Canucks and then being sent down. People forget how young he really is compared to others in his draft year.

Archived