Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Sbisa

Stanton-Tanev

Corrado

Lack

Markstrom

***Remove some players like Santorelli, Hansen and maybe Higgins for youth like Horvat or Jensen

And how does that make us any tougher to play against?

The only top 6 toughness we have now is Kassian.

That would be even worse then this past season because at least Kesler brought a bit of grit as well.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Tough UFA (Iginla?) - Bonino - Burrows/Jensen

Higgins/Hansen - Horvat - Matthias

Sestito - Richardson - Dorsett

Lain

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Sbisa - Stanton

Engelland

Corrado

That would be even worse then this past season because at least Kesler brought a bit of grit as well.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins/Hansen - Horvat/Matthias - Dorsett

Sestito - Richardson - Matthias/Lain

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Sbisa - Stanton

Engelland

Corrado

I don't understand what fans want. Do we want toughness like last year? See where that got us...or do we want more high scoring?

I don't understand what fans want. Do we want toughness like last year? See where that got us...or do we want more high scoring?

When did we have toughness last year?

A few guys had a lot of fights...I am talking about team toughness. That is none existent in our top 6 asides from Kassian.

A few guys had a lot of fights...I am talking about team toughness. That is none existent in our top 6 asides from Kassian.

We need to score goals more than we need toughness.

Goals win games.

Niskanen, Vanek and Stastny are the biggest names in FA. They will probably want the most $$$ as well.

Vanek is poison... that's why everyone trades him ASAP.

Niskanen is nothing special.

Stastny is a definite talent... but he will want big bucks... and he is not a franchise player... for that reason better to pass.

Granted. What I meant was Gillis' comment about getting tougher at the beginning of last season. And if that's the idea I don't think it's the right way to put a good product on the ice. But what do I know. I personally would rather watch a .500 team that is outskilled for 2 years but plays their asses of then a team that doesn't know their own identity. Watching an up and comer is far more exciting than a team on a downhill slide, and I think upper management so far has been at least unafraid to pull the trigger on moves.

I think we will be surprised what happens.

With the Kesler trade. Hundreds of posts in his trade thread. I don't remember a single one even thinking Bonino or Sbisa. And that was after if was narrowed down to only TWO teams.

Nobody saw the Dorsett trade before it happened.

Garrison.....nobody saw him going to TB. A few people posted that he was in play, once it was known he was offered to Florida, (hence asked to waive his NTC).

Only thing I am sure of, they will spend most of the cap. Everything done today helps us now. Most people thought Kesler would land us some picks and prospects. We basically got 3 roster players instead. It makes no sense to do that, if you don't intend to spend to the cap and go for it.

Vanek is poison... that's why everyone trades him ASAP.

Niskanen is nothing special.

Stastny is a definite talent... but he will want big bucks... and he is not a franchise player... for that reason better to pass.

Then we go after Cammalleri, Moulson, Vrbata or Jokinen. The next best guys

Well I just hope we don't give out long contracts. I would love Iginla on this team. We need a goalie that can be a starter for two years with Lack as the back-up learning from him. Just no stupid, ridiculous contracts.

This 100%. Like Hansen with an NTC good lord. I touted him in another thread as a player I like having but man... Brutal.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins/Hansen - Horvat - Matthias

Sestito - Richardson - Dorsett

Lain

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Sbisa - Stanton

Engelland

Corrado

Yes adding a nearly ppg player, a goal scorer and bottom 6 players that can be trusted is really bad. Like what are the Hawks thinking, they should trade P.Kane for E.Kane and Toews for T.Sestito, they need toughness

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Dorsett Matthias Richardson

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Corrado

Stanton Weber

Lack

Miller/Hiller

I would love to get more firepower up front don't see it unless u overpay badly this year. Keep cap space for future.

Sign Hiller or Miller for 1-3 year deal to Tandam with Lack (30-40 games) so he isn't into the fire.

Miss playoffs and get a good player, maybe win a lottery. Or go on a Cinderella run is an 8 seed

Sedins-Eriksson

Burrows-Stastny-Kassian

Horvat/Shinkaruk-Bonino-Jensen

Mathias-Richardson-DD

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Boyle

Sbisa-Tanev

Higgins, Stanton, Hansen out.

Edit: I don't think any of this will happen, it's just what needs to happen to make the playoffs.

Hansen has already signed his contract extension. His NTC kicks in July 1st.

I personally love Hansen but his NTC is the concern. I can see Higgins not molding well with our new direction more so then Hansen though. Maybe Higgins worth keeping to help the youngsters though.

Perhaps as soon as tomorrow early, for pick(s)?

I have a hard time believing that. Dorsett is more energy/tough guy where Hansen is more speedy checking wing. Also, Horvat and Jensen still need to show up at camp looking like NHL players in order to play on the roster. They are not entitled to a roster position and we will have no problem sending them down to develop more.

Yeah,agreed.

Horvat should not be on the team with four experienced,veteran center men within the organisation.

Jensen is not entitled to a spot,never mind the first line.

Kassian played well for a contract for a few months but I don't see him getting preferential treatment in the Benning era.

Archived