The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Go to 2:35, Nikita is number 88, shows he is a pretty decent skater, extremely small sample size, only thing I could find, anyone else has vid on the kid pls share

And I doubt benning would mis speak but is he right, is he 6 7.5 265 lbs or 6 7 230, because thats a big difference lol either way kid must eat like a horse

I am working on a video for his play during the WJC, maybe Tuesday night?

-------------

I have watched a couple of games so far, here's my takeaway:

I never thought someone could make Zadorov look like rather small. But Tryamkin does. I don't believe he is 265, if so, i do wonder where weight has gone. He is not scrawny like Chara or Zadorov, but he isn't a really thick man like Big Buff is either. The 240lb listing seems much more accurate based on what i've seen.

He moves fairly well for his size. Average accelerating, straight line speed is actually good. Mobility is good, but there are some times when i notice some balance issues. He'll have to work on that. Tranisitons and backwards skating is good for his size.

He is a defensive D man, but saw some time on the 2nd PP as the point man and trigger man. Not a PP QB at all, not that its surprising. He has very good positioning and is always the guy who is hanging back to cover his partner. What i liked about Tryamkin is how he was always the first guy to the puck to gain body position and once he has that body position, he is hard to move and he boxes out very well. He actively uses his stick, and with that size/reach he is fairly effective.

His first pass... is not that great. On numerous occasions, he has made a hard pass out of the zone, missing its target and has led to icing.

He is not what i would call a physical defender. As i said, he uses his body well in terms of positioning and boxing out. But not a guy going for hits. I don't see this "mean" people are talking about.

I am indifferent/somewhat optimistic on this pick. I can see what they like about this guy, have to wait and see how he develops and whether or not he comes over.

Edited by DJ Kreuzberg
  • Upvote 2

Sorry guys but its not like in the old days when NHL could do whatever they wanted regardless of contracts. This contract will need to be honoured unless there is an NHL out (Wich I believe is very uncommon or even impossible in the KHL).

There has been cases where players have been able to buy themselves out of a KHL contract but I believe that requires the club to actually let you.

KHL and NHL has that agreement in place to honour contracts

Tell Ilya Kovalchuk that……. :frantic::frantic::frantic:

I've watched some full games of Nikita and I've found out a few things:

- His skating is great for his size, maybe some help on turning and balance but he's a smooth skater.

- His positioning is good, he stays in his position and doesn't take many risks on the defensive side and angles players to corners.

- He jumps into the rush.

- Doesn't hunt for big hits or make aggressive plays defensively but will hit players if he has to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5O7f-EElU

Go to 2:35, Nikita is number 88, shows he is a pretty decent skater, extremely small sample size, only thing I could find, anyone else has vid on the kid pls share

And I doubt benning would mis speak but is he right, is he 6 7.5 265 lbs or 6 7 230, because thats a big difference lol either way kid must eat like a horse

He is thick and meaty all over, even his head is big.

Think of an NBA power forward, they would list him at 6'8'' or more but 265 lbs is about right. That's what they list Chara at I believe and Nikita does look thicker.

Here you go boys, Tryamkin #8

- 1st video, the scorer (two goals) around 5:25 mark and 8:10. He seems to be able to get quick shots through from the point and a good skater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KMeO7KXRM

-2nd video, around 4:05. Decent defensive play which leads to a goal for his teammate.

-3rd video against Canada watch it all, he seems to have a good work ethic trying to block shots, clearing the crease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJjfAJ2IdU0

I could actually see him having a chance at making the NHL and could understand why Benning wanted him, he seems by no means a pylon. Perhaps a better skating Chara in the future.

• Upvote 2

The Canucks are pleased to select with the 66th pick in the 2014 entry draft Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane. Seriously though this guy has potential in his size, but that is only if can properly use it on the smaller ice. This guy has small risk, BIG reward written all over him.

It's a weak draft, Benning probably knew after the second round, he's going to go after player he liked the best. It's a weak draft, weak draft for DMANS, at the 3rd round pick... why not? 6'7.5 apparently Benning said he's over 260 lbs according to the information they have? already playing pro hockey in the KHL? Yea, why not. We did so well already with the first 3 picks. 2 years in the KHL is not bad, since I didn't think he will make the team during this 2 year yet.

He was ranked 123rd among euros in the 2013 draft, but was passed over. He may have a 3rd-pairing upside. But hey, he's big, and that's a yay. I like this overager more than, say, Mallet.

With guys this tall the question is if he'll peak at an 'relatively' unbalanced 220-230lb player or be a monstrous 250-260lb player, while maintaining some NHL-calibre speed. Then he'll need to improve his overall skill as well.

Hopefully Benning has some tidbits on how to develop tough, but ho-hum players into jacked-up physical freaks like the Bruins. Then my outlook on Tyramkin grows.

Edited by TOMapleLaughs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNTqO-z0AQk

short highlight vid of him

exhibits a strong wrister from the point and a heavy slapshot, can hit, and he can skate very well.

He could easily become a very useful bottom pairing dman who can eat minutes both 5 on 5 and on special teams, and thats on skills alone, without seeing how well he can think the game.

Thanks! +1 he definitely shows skill, if he can excel and get used to the small ice that would be great, honestly this could be a steal based on skating alone

Edited by Horvat