The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Make no mistake about it. If we bring in Tryamkin, his role will be clear. Stick up for teammates, hit as much and as hard as you can while remaining defensively responsible and keeping the net clear. He will never be  star player for us, but could fill that role better than anyone else. I think given the way we had difficulty being outmuscled in the playoffs that its clear we need to get bigger and tougher to play against and I feel signing him goes a long way towards that goal.

With that said, I also believe we need an offensive defenseman in the lineup not named Hughes. Edler and committee can help, but our d is not dynamic enough. If Benning and co don't think we will have that 2nd guy soon in Rafferty or Rathbone (or long shot OJ) then I think we need to look for such a guy.

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

sometimes I wonder what it will be like if Tryamkin was available to Green during the playoffs.  

You're not the only one.  Now if Benning can only find the cap space to sign hometown boy & RHD Brendan Dillon, to add to Myers & Tryamkin for next year's playoffs, we won't have to endure anymore nightmares where Vegas (or anyone else) runs over all our D and pins us in our own end for minutes at a time again!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

You're not the only one.  Now if Benning can only find the cap space to sign hometown boy & RHD Brendan Dillon, to add to Myers & Tryamkin for next year's playoffs, we won't have to endure anymore nightmares where Vegas (or anyone else) runs over all our D and pins us in our own end for minutes at a time again!

I believe Dillon is a LHD, but I get what your point is.

9 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Dillon is a Lefty and his speed isn't very good and will likely be exposed by that during his next contract. I would pass unless the term is shorter and cap hit under 4m

Just now, Googlie said:

I don't know why Benning didn't resign Schenn last year - he melded well with Hughes in the last 5 games of the season.  Now he partners Hedman on Tampas 1st D pairing.  Go figure

there was interest from our side, he chose Tampa. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Googlie said:

I don't know why Benning didn't resign Schenn last year - he melded well with Hughes in the last 5 games of the season.  Now he partners Hedman on Tampas 1st D pairing.  Go figure

Yup.  We wanted him to come back, but he chose the team best shot at winning lord Stanley even settled for a 2 way contract with tampa  at the bare minimum instead of a one way with us.  and more money.  Props to him I think he wants to win a cup after seeing his bro do it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Googlie said:

Yup.  We wanted him to come back, but he chose the team best shot at winning lord Stanley even settled for a 2 way contract with tampa  at the bare minimum instead of a one way with us.  and more money.  Props to him I think he wants to win a cup after seeing his bro do it.

Official KHL announcement about the postponement of six regular season games.

Six regular season games involving Barys, which were scheduled to take place between Sep. 18 and Oct. 1, are postponed until a later date. The games affected are Barys vs Dinamo Riga (Sep. 18) and the next five road games at Severstal (Sep. 20), Metallurg (Sep. 22), Kunlun Red Star (Sep. 27), Vityaz (Sep. 29) and HC Sochi (Oct. 1).

Following preliminary positive tests for coronavirus involving 12 members of the playing and coaching staff, the team must undergo two weeks in quarantine.

The dates and times of the rearranged games will be confirmed by the KHL later, once a new schedule can be agreed with the clubs involved.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

28 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:
Official KHL announcement about the postponement of six regular season games.

Six regular season games involving Barys, which were scheduled to take place between Sep. 18 and Oct. 1, are postponed until a later date. The games affected are Barys vs Dinamo Riga (Sep. 18) and the next five road games at Severstal (Sep. 20), Metallurg (Sep. 22), Kunlun Red Star (Sep. 27), Vityaz (Sep. 29) and HC Sochi (Oct. 1).

Following preliminary positive tests for coronavirus involving 12 members of the playing and coaching staff, the team must undergo two weeks in quarantine.

The dates and times of the rearranged games will be confirmed by the KHL later, once a new schedule can be agreed with the clubs involved.

They need to start distributing that full proof Sputnik-V vaccine to the KHL players.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, Googlie said:

He averages 11 minutes a game during the playoffs and 12 and a half during the regular season. That's peanuts for defenseman.

He is still an extra defenseman but I might have liked him here over Benn. He did bring a solid physical presence here. Alas he chose the best chance to win the cup.

• Upvote 1