The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So the question would become does his contract end with the cancelled season?

I’ve seen nothing specific about a league canceling a season in the KHL CBA,. But it could be applicable to agreements to cancel or terminate the contract under the agreements between the player and the club.  

This I see highly likely ,   IF the KHL season is canceled,   given the fact Tryamkin is on a 1 year contract with Avtomobilist.

https://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_legal_regulations_2019_eng.pdf

* the above will copy and paste, could not get it to appear as a link.

Edited by SilentSam

Having him step in would be almost like acquiring a top 4 D in his prime for nothing but dollars, amazing. 

I really think he could play at that level. But even then, having a bottom pairing guy who's demonstrated that he can handle 20-25 minutes of high level hockey is would be huge as well. 

7 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Would love to see him here. He is 27 next year and before he knows it he’s wasted a lot of years in the khl.

I wouldn't say that. He's developed there (mentally and physically) and I think he will be more ready to step into the NHL now than when he first got here. He had personal issues to get sorted in Russia, so it's not unreasonable that it took some time before he was fully ready to commit here. He wanted to be here for this current season, but covid made everything uncertain and we couldn't commit to him not knowing the cap situation and he couldn't sit around waiting and not be paid during that whole time.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:50 PM, SilentSam said:

Shut down D on the PK..  guy makes it look effortless..   this is power and confidence..  hope to see it in a rink near me soon ;)

Funny how something like this will be completely overlooked by those who claim to have "watched" Tryamkin over these years and still believe he's nothing more than a 7/8th dman plug.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Funny how something like this will be completely overlooked by those who claim to have "watched" Tryamkin over these years and still believe he's nothing more than a 7/8th dman plug.

In that first clip, he not only kicks it up to his stick, he kicks it to rebound off the boards to his stick; very nice, controlled exit.

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Have to wonder if that (somewhat anyway) 3rd pair Tanev replacement we're looking for, isn't sitting right there.

Blocking shots, playing solid, hard minute D... But instead of taking hits, he dishes them out ::D

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I wouldn't say that. He's developed there (mentally and physically) and I think he will be more ready to step into the NHL now than when he first got here. He had personal issues to get sorted in Russia, so it's not unreasonable that it took some time before he was fully ready to commit here. He wanted to be here for this current season, but covid made everything uncertain and we couldn't commit to him not knowing the cap situation and he couldn't sit around waiting and not be paid during that whole time.

Not only not being paid, but just sitting around not playing. While I don't buy the theories of some that playing in the KHL causes his skills to regress, sitting around not playing certainly could.

Many big Dmen don't hit their prime until their late twenties, and often are still effective well into their thirties, so I think Tram still has plenty of time to make his mark, and his money, in the NHL.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

you coulda tagged me bro

it's one clip. admittedly i havent watched him at all this season but what i saw out of him last season was a whole lotta brain farts in his own end. He gets lost sometimes. He gets turned around. He can be clunky going up against guys who know how to dance around him a bit. That was largely his issue when he first played with us and it's something i've yet to see him fix. So I stand by what I said.

Edit: it's kinda funny how you're still salty over that lmao

Edited by Yung1
  • Wat 1

32 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

you coulda tagged me bro

it's one clip. admittedly i havent watched him at all this season but what i saw out of him last season was a whole lotta brain farts in his own end. He gets lost sometimes. He gets turned around. He can be clunky going up against guys who know how to dance around him a bit. That was largely his issue when he first played with us and it's something i've yet to see him fix. So I stand by what I said.

Edit: it's kinda funny how you're still salty over that lmao

You aren't the only one I'm talking about.

Care to share the "whole lotta brain farts in his own end"? Almost every dman will get danced around on occasion, doesn't make them poor as each have their pros and cons. Tryamkin playing 22-27 minutes a night would suggest the coaching staff sees him as a reliable option despite these supposed gaffes that you speak of. The issue you speak of is likely the fact that he faces the top competition on a regular basis and no one is expecting Tryamkin to be a Norris caliber dman, but not as horrible as you're projecting him to be.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Have to wonder if that (somewhat anyway) 3rd pair Tanev replacement we're looking for, isn't sitting right there.

Blocking shots, playing solid, hard minute D... But instead of taking hits, he dishes them out ::D

I agree. I don't think he will ever defend with the smarts and overall ability Tanev did for us, but he also brings some elements that Tanev didn't. As long as he's OK with limited ice time (which he SHOULD be, although he wasn't in the past), I think he could be an extremely effective 6th guy for us. And come playoff time, I think his value increases as it pertains to playing the Blues and Vegas-type teams.

I also think that if he plays like he can with crushing hits, that'll make him a fan fav pretty quickly.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

I agree. I don't think he will ever defend with the smarts and overall ability Tanev did for us, but he also brings some elements that Tanev didn't. As long as he's OK with limited ice time (which he SHOULD be, although he wasn't in the past), I think he could be an extremely effective 6th guy for us. And come playoff time, I think his value increases as it pertains to playing the Blues and Vegas-type teams.

I also think that if he plays like he can with crushing hits, that'll make him a fan fav pretty quickly.

Until then, we need to find a short term fill in there for one year. I suppose it could be Benn but maybe Benning can work a little magic there.

Edited by aGENT

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Probably because he doesn’t have long shaggy hair flipping around with every short step he takes, or a long ridiculous looking beard with jerky or Cole slaw stuck to it...  the language barrier is always an offset to a guys humour too,  OV being an exception.

Nik is solid.. every part of his game is..  but this stuff is overlooked because he makes it look effortless and unspectacular.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Probably because he doesn’t have long shaggy hair flipping around with every short step he takes, or a long ridiculous looking beard with jerky or Cole slaw stuck to it...  the language barrier is always an offset to a guys humour too,  OV being an exception.

Nik is solid.. every part of his game is..  but this stuff is overlooked because he makes it look effortless and unspectacular.

Or they really haven't followed much at all and are trying to sound credible by talking out of their ass from their memories 4 years ago and believing no possibility of development in the KHL.

• Cheers 1