The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

13 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff 16m16 minutes ago

#Canucks Hamhuis on inviting Tryamkin over for dinner: “We’ll see if we can get enough food on the table for the big Russian”.

I can't imagine how much food he would have to eat to stay full...Welp slaughter a couple cows Big Tram is coming for dinner. 

"I think this week (he'll play). It's going to be a big transition and I don't know if he really realizes." - Linden on Tryamkin

"The size of the rink, the speed, the decision-making process when you go back for the puck." - Linden on Tryamkin

18 minutes ago, Yotes said:

"I think this week (he'll play). It's going to be a big transition and I don't know if he really realizes." - Linden on Tryamkin

"The size of the rink, the speed, the decision-making process when you go back for the puck." - Linden on Tryamkin

People seem to be over blowing this issue. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DalesArmy said:

He makes his practice jersey look like a muscle shirt. 

I don't think he's even wearing shoulder pads. Does he plan on playing without them?  Also that helmet looks a bit tight. They must not have his size for all of his equipment. Hopefully he brought his own skates and sticks.

Virtanen looks like his kid brother. And he's 215 pounds... LOL!!

Edited by Harvey Spector
Change.

4 hours ago, Yotes said:

I didn't think they'd even try and get him playing here this year but getting him accustomed to the style of play and rink size are going to take time and why not use these games to give him some experience, while trying him out with the team.

Edited by BowtieCanuck

5 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

People seem to be over blowing this issue. 

Just trying to temper down the media and their idiotic expectations for the guy. Lower the hype, just let the kid transition to the nhl style of hockey like a normal prospect not the saviour god send of chara 2.0

Lets see how he performs Wednesday!

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Just trying to temper down the media and their idiotic expectations for the guy. Lower the hype, just let the kid transition to the nhl style of hockey like a normal prospect not the saviour god send of chara 2.0

Lets see how he performs Wednesday!

Not just the media, some fans are acting like he's gonna make a difference right away while they haven't even watched him play before. I hope he just plays good defensively and be physical and I'll be happy.

2 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Not just the media, some fans are acting like he's gonna make a difference right away while they haven't even watched him play before. I hope he just plays good defensively and be physical and I'll be happy.

exactly, an effective bottom pair D would be awesome, add in grit hopefully and no complaints from me.

25 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

agreed,,he isnt a saviour but will go a long way to shore up our cream puff D corp...if truth be told Pedan is probably more ready than Tryamkin.