The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Well, I think this pretty much announces that neither of them will get too many minutes and that the top 4 are going to be overplayed. An unfortunate outcome, hopefully I'm proven wrong. I do wish they decided to pair Tryamkin with the steady presence of Hamhuis in his first game.

He can't handle the minutes or situations hammer plays. Probably better not to play him against top forwards right away 

21 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

He can't handle the minutes or situations hammer plays. Probably better not to play him against top forwards right away 

Hammer could play away from him on the pp and pk but play with NT for his 5 on 5.

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

congrats Mount Russia on your first nhl point in your the opening period of your nhl career. Thanks for hitting the net with a low slapper that is prone to giving up juicy rebounds.

I wonder if his fans back in Russia are following his progress here?  

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

so the canucks are saying Tryamkin is 6'7'' 228lbs. That seems slender given his height, when you see him in pictures he looks thicker than that.

So with half a foot in height he only ways 15ish lbs more than virtanen?

chara is listed at 6'9 250lbs on hockeydb, byfuglien 6'5 260lbs

I think tryamkin himself said that he's 6'7½ and around 240

11 33 toi, 3 hits, 3 blocked shots 1 assist. Not a bad nhl debut!

He did look a bit slow out their, but he also showed he can use his stick very effectively. Once he becomes more comfortable on the ice, and can communicate better with his teammates I think he will improve.

Was nice to hear the coach say if he plays decent he is going to keep him in the lineup. Hammer logging near 30min wow good for him, a good veteran to keep around, be a solid pairing maybe with tryamkin over the next year or so.

Congrats to the big guy! good overall game, nothing flashy, but nice to see you put the puck on net that created a rebound for the goal, looked effortless when he was hitting or moving guys. I was impressed, this was what I was hoping to see out of him, lets hope for more of the same for the rest of the year!

I was pretty pleased with his play, nothing too flashy but he did his best to keep from getting into trouble. He tried to be smart positionally and used his strength to push a few players around and win pucks. The assist was just gravy, after a nice job getting a good shot through on net.

He ended up pretty close to the 12 minutes I guessed he would, although we thought he'd be playing with Hamhuis originally. I look forward to seeing more as he adjusts.

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

Media, Language, the multiculturalism, the dressing room and NHL facilities, conditioning, living out of a suitcase and trying to make the NHL  on a smaller ice surface infront of 18k live people. 

I have worked in other countries, the  culture shock is hard enough without media. I can't imagine how hard this is on the guy in the middle of a circus. 

He did great, and you gotta respect what this guy is going through. 

To even play in this game is a huge accomplishment. 

100%..  Well said