The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

There is no way that we are getting rid of Tanev.

Anything is possible,. Especially on Draft Day.   I say Tanev because he has value,. A value that might qualify us for a better return.. and the rare " moveable contract".    

unfortunately after 4 years pro, I think CT's game has peaked. He is good, but He is becoming a target for the dump and chase to his side of the ice,. And lately that wear and tear is showing on him.  Really would like to see him add some mass  to his frame,. At least for his own protection.   I think a move to the Islanders for Hamonic, or home to Toronto for a Draft Day upgrade is not unlikely.

im sure we won't agree on this Weasel,.  But any team rearranging it's Team, has every name available to move on its chalk board.

11 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

4 hits, 4 blocks 20 minutes of play. If he can keep up efforts like that consistently then that's promising.

Surprised at how well he moves and handles the puck as a big guy. Makes high percentage plays. Good to see.

There were a few times where he was caught pinching. Might need some time adjusting to pace of the NHL and small ice.

If I were JB I would try to move Sbisa then re-sign Hammer. If no buyers on Sbisa then let Hammer go. Too much D on the left side come next year.

Sbisa has played a fair amount of right side this year, and Tryamkin certainly has been there in his games as well. That alleviates a lot of pressure on right side help as well as the overabundance of players on the left. We don't know what Larson can bring so it's good to have options.

9 hours ago, aliboy said:

I agree with not re-signing Hammer, I don't know that Larsen is going to work, would like us to sign one tough physical UFA D-man, if there's one out there, just to add some toughness to go along with Tryamkin. Also want us to sign Eriksson to play with the twins, let's go with the kids but not all kids, still need a few veterans.

The team needs a scorer and some toughness up front as well.  I would prefer they go after Okposo than Eriksson, as he is a more complete player; part sniper and part PF.  He has great hockey sense, is unstoppable along the boards, loves to hit and crashes the net regularly.  He would probably score 30gs with the Sedins.  I think he would be a similar contract as Eriksson, but would fit the Canucks much better.  He is also 3yrs younger.

Really impressed with Tryamkin.  Really didn't expect him to do so well so soon.  Really changes how I look at the team D.

• Upvote 1

With Tryamkin comfortable with Hamhuis, that could be a good pairing, maybe see this season through and maybe tender Hammer an extension during the off season. Let the chemistry and confidence build with the young russian giant paired with the local boy vet

7 minutes ago, Yotes said:

With Tryamkin comfortable with Hamhuis, that could be a good pairing, maybe see this season through and maybe tender Hammer an extension during the off season. Let the chemistry and confidence build with the young russian giant paired with the local boy vet

Then we need to move Edler.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Then we need to move Edler.

Edler has the highest return, or sbisa as he has no ntc to stop a move. I really hope they keep Pedan around the rest of the way we really need to get a look at him, he is a bubble guy that will need waivers next year. We could carry 8 but that isnt ideal.

I would retain hamhuis if he was willing to tdo a shorter term very reasonable contract. Moving Edler nets the canucks the best return or move Sbisa as he would be an expensive bottom pair guy if we sign or trade for a D and keep hamhuis etc. 

There will be decisions that need to be made for JB, we do need a true offensive D on this team, Hutton has potential but we could use someone more proven like Yandle depending on his contract demands.

We got lots of RFA's be interesting to see how they play the rest of the year to determine who we resign and who maybe gets dangled in potential moves or even non tender and let them become a FA.

But big T is looking nice so far, hope he keeps his play up, loved to hear that he wanted to have 5-6 hits per game and needsto up his physical play, but again that can come with confidence and his comfort level.

22 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

The latest interview with Tryamkin after the loss to Blues: http://www.championat.com/hockey/news-2412082-trjamkin-mne-nuzhno-provodit-pjat-shest-silovykh-prijomov-za-match.html . Hm when did they have time to talk to him? :o

" The game was not bad in general. We did not get result, will fight for it in next games. The team tried, put an effort but the result was like this. No one wants to lose. Zero goals for the second game? We are not lucky sometimes... I think that luck is going to come with hard work. I feel very comfortable playing with Dan Hamhuis, he is experienced player, helps me, takes the play to make it easy on me.

So far I like everything in Vancouver except the game results. I am trusted more ice time, I am gaining more confidence with each game. This is new league for me with some different hockey. I would like to improve in some aspects of my game. The ice size is small so I would need to add more hits and physical play. I need at least 5-6 hits per game."

What he said about Hammer is the reason Hamhuis should be resigned. He can helps rookies adjust and help make up for thier mistakes. Sbisa can't do that.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

What he said about Hammer is the reason Hamhuis should be resigned. He can helps rookies adjust and help make up for thier mistakes. Sbisa can't do that.

Edler does not seem the type either.  As I think Hutton said when trying to get to know the vets, Edler's a "tough nut to crack".  If he won't lead vocally then he needs to lead by example, but guys like Hamhuis do both.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Sbisa has played a fair amount of right side this year, and Tryamkin certainly has been there in his games as well. That alleviates a lot of pressure on right side help as well as the overabundance of players on the left. We don't know what Larson can bring so it's good to have options.

Actually according to crow Tryamkin is lefthanded but is a RD similar to kevin connauton.

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

edler sbisa

hutton tanev

pedan tryamkin

biega larsson 

next yr looks much betterthan this yrs d corp

plus saunter, subban, olson, and the frenchkid in utica  will be good in their developement 

Still a bottom 5 D in the league IMO.

If we suffer one injury to that D core we're toast again. We need at least one big UFA signing or trade to solidify it.

• Upvote 3

gotta keep fueling the russian tank! Probably is a new type of food taste for him also. I bet if we moved to russia there would be some meals we would want to just devour.

No one beside him in plane? Im sure Pedan is near by though

4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks 3h3 hours ago

Prior to take off for Winnipeg, some of the young guys have different priorities: food or technology. pic.twitter.com/921lYPVpzQ

CeGVfpxUYAA6hE7.jpg

.... Well, Well, :)   Those look like chopsticks with a monster grip on some WEST COAST Sushi !!   

My guess is Nikita will be training here all Summer ;) 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.... Well, Well, :)   Those look like chopsticks with a monster grip on some WEST COAST Sushi !!   

My guess is Nikita will be training here all Summer ;) 

hope so! I'm really excited for Big T. he seems to be adjusting very well to the smaller ice in the NHL. cant wait to see how he will contribute once he gets even more comfortable with the systems and relationships with the rest of the team. excited to see what he can do with a summer full of training with the Canucks staff. 

• Upvote 1