The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Well $&!#, I guess according to me the Canucks are screwed then lol. Anyways, he needs to learn English and hopefully he will catch on to the gaps of hockey sense that some people learn when they are 12 years old in the off season. He is so good at parts of the game and seemingly oblivious to the others. Hey maybe if his Russian girl doesn't work out we can find him an english teacher to help out with the let down lol. I'm just joking. The private lives of players are just that, private. 

I'll be cheering for him next year and will be in his camp. He's a physical specimen and has proven he has the skills and will prevail and help his team to win if he can fill in the gaps of his game. I think he can if he is handled correctly. With his clause allowing him to go back to Russia if sent to the AHL there is a possibility of a disaster though and I am hoping he is allowed by the Sedins and the rest of the stale leadership to join the social (club. haha) group and learn how we play hockey here in Vancouver while being accepted socially by his peers, even if he is an Ovechkin-esque hot shot. Again, this is the type of energy a winning team needs to win the cup. If you can learn to co-exist with a hothead (not claiming Nikita is a hothead, but he is definitely an enigmatically endowed character), while supplying them with passes and support, acknowledging their worth for what they are while standing your ground for what you are, you have the basics for a Stanley Cup winning atmosphere. He just needs to know what he is doing wrong and I think with enough enforcement his macho approach will learn that to be himself he needs to do those things. If you can't see the macho Ovechkin attitude you're blind. I wouldn't be surprised if Tryamkin is Ovies Cousin. Collectively allowing each other too have attitudes, egos, and skills, which may be more than ours, to exists, and be a part of what the collectively resulting team is and being able to coexist with that. That is the formula to create a rabid beast and this idea alone deserves a thread.

If that doesn't happen and we waste away this gift from the hockey gods, I will be unhappy. He has the talent and natural ability. With players like Grabner, it was all ability. With Hodgson, all Talent. Tryamkin has proven he has the reactionary knee jerk talents to make a goal or a hit, a stick check etc, or whatever happen. He also has the body to make that so, in strides. 

If the Canucks can't harness this players skill and natural ability by learning to connect with him while he is a foreigner, I will actually consider cheering for another team. This is a gift. Not to mention this is a gift drafted by the target of quite a bit of hate, Benning. This isn't Kassian, or some other dumbass who could just get pushed along cause he doesn't get it. This is a &^@#ing beast who can be a huge part of a winning team if received the right way without reservations based on dated seniority or new found stubbornness to move on. 

While I am not ready to bet on Tryamkin being a future star, I think he can be and am going to be pretty pissed if they waste away this opportunity and let another team sign him like Ottawa did with Chara. As far as this teams GM and President are concerned. this will be the measuring stick I will use to gauge their worth. I have been on board with everything Jim Benning has done so far. I was slightly cautious with the Shinkaruk trade....though honestly I bet him and Treliving had an understanding that if Baertschi panned out they'd go easy on them for Shinkaruk or another trade. While Benning may have lost the trade sequence in the long run, that understanding will lead to their next trade and build trust moving forward with not only Treliving but any other GM in the NHL with half a brain to look at the trades and see that Benning is the type of GM who's word means something. This is the problem with the voice of Canuck Nation. The majority voice on these forums and on the ground in BC is that it's always every man for themselves, tooth and nail each meeting. This isn't how people act in the real world. While you may feel this is the approach when it comes to your favorite sports team, it just isn't the way things work. GMs don't always take every situation as an individual play, it's a lengthy relationship based upon past dealings that even fantasy sports GMs understand. And if you aren't known as a GM with integrity, based on maybe showing good faith during tough times to another respected GM, you won't be trusted by the rest. 

This is what Gillis either didn't understand, or wasn't allowed too be apart of. I personally think he simply wasn't man enough to lose a trade to gain that trust with the other gms as we say Calgary did when they traded Baer. The attitude echoed through the league naturally and in my opinion Canucks Fans as well. 

We only have ourselves to blame. The majority of canucks fans are idiots and if the rest of us can't keep our rambunctious counterparts at bay we will never prevail :P:P haha

Edited by Drewismyname

Drew (if that really is your name) 

either you you were drunk or high when you wrote this rant... I'm guessing high.

racial profile much? You lost me at ovechkin. 

Canucks are doomed and Tryamkin is going to be a bust because there has never before been a non-English speaking player drafted by an NHL team let alone the Vancouver Canucks. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Is anyone else going to join me and go full Apollo on this guy?

Can we start a thread for Drew (mynameisdrew)?     

1.  Drew skates with his head down, kinda similar to Stoner skating into Byfuglien last week.

16 hours ago, Drewismyname said:

I was slightly buzzed on a few beers. 

Funny how there are a number of you ganging up on just one guy. Brings me back to elementary school. I think I'll stick to the fantasy hockey section again. I'm sure you'll all be happy with that decision too :)

:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, TGokou said:

No man it's OK. Your excited...I get it. Kept me entertained.

I am. You're 100% right. 

I just thought it was worth it to point out that Tryamkin has some insane skills while also being completely innept. Also he has a personality who I have noticed is kinda live ovies. Not to mention he is a spitting image of him.

I guess that makes me a racist and a drug user. Okay. This is why Canucks fans have a bad name. The fact that any altercation with the canucks talk and the corresponding forums attached to it's hoard of internet warriors can be ended by saying that is a pretty darn good indication for all of you to just stop and allow this team to exist without having a juvenile group of aggressive, offensive, and blatantly irresponsible group of losers trolling it's forums./

Edited by Drewismyname

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:59 AM, canuckledraggin said:

Is anyone else going to join me and go full Apollo on this guy?

I already did before his first game even! lol

Im excited to see this kid next year after a full summer of NHL physical training! Along with the addition of Larsen and the subtraction of Weber and Bartlousy!

Nice to hear the commentating last night say on National Television that with some conditioning, Tryamkin's potential is unlimited due to his good work ethic, hockey smarts, large size and good athleticism/coordination. Also nice to hear on National Television that Chara has nothing on the potential that this kid brings! 

Finally people are seeing what we already knew from the beginning!

Chara can go pound dirt LOL

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Love how good he has been out of the gate for us this year. Really looking forward to seeing how he is next year after a summer of working with Canucks training staff and then a full camp to really settle in. I think he's still adjusting to the ice size and getting comfortable.

He's supposed to have a real bomb of a shot, but haven't seen that yet, just wrist shots. Would like to see him wind up and hammer it sometime.

Yeppers!