The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Future Norris Trophy finalists..?

This is in no way an insult, but does Tryamkin have that giant syndrome?  I accept he's a big guy, but he's exceptionally large - even for 6'8".  He's appears way bigger than other guys his height.  Plus, he seems almost freakishly strong too.  Look how he just swats big heavy guys - not much lighter in weight then himself - aside so easily.  He swatted Stewart and Kesler and lots of guys so easily. I agree the guy has the physical attributes to be extremely dominant.  Alf loves Tryamkin!:wub:

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

Nikita no like to share trophy.  He will win trophy by himself and he celebrate with wife...

Guys, you missed the point - two finalists for the best defenseman award in the NHL from the same team: Vancouver Canucks! The best defensive defenseman and the best offensive one, playing on the same line... :)

Edited by Stierlitz

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This is in no way an insult, but does Tryamkin have that giant syndrome?  I accept he's a big guy, but he's exceptionally large - even for 6'8".

If you go back by 72 pages, you could find my post of Feb 4 that his newborn weight was about 6 kg or 13 pounds. Nikita is a big boy all the way :)

4 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I met Nikita yesterday, he signed my new Tryamkin jersey. I hollered at him as he rolled in and showed him the jersey. He walked all the way back up to me and asked me my name. He then wrote "For Dustin" and chatted with me and my Gf and posed for pics for me and the Canucks staff. Really nice guy, good English as far as I could tell. I have a really good feeling about him.

Hey!  Thanks for sharing that personal encounter with our new star player.  That's awesome to read here. :)

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I met Nikita yesterday, he signed my new Tryamkin jersey. I hollered at him as he rolled in and showed him the jersey. He walked all the way back up to me and asked me my name. He then wrote "For Dustin" and chatted with me and my Gf and posed for pics for me and the Canucks staff. Really nice guy, good English as far as I could tell. I have a really good feeling about him.

Im from a small town on VI, so it was awesome getting so many honks and people shouting at me. Really made my Birthday weekend, I'm 32 but I felt like a kid. Love the Canucks and the city of Vancouver.

Man, that's awesome! Does he seem gigantic in real life?

19 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

If you go back by 72 pages, you could find my post of Feb 4 that his newborn weight was about 6 kg or 13 pounds. Nikita is a big boy all the way :)

Can you remember this kind of honest love for a new player?  It might just be a function of social media, but I really believe Tryamkin to have a special attractiveness to him.  

3 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Man, that's awesome! Does he seem gigantic in real life?

Yes for sure! He's fairly slender... Massive hands and a really firm grip!!! He seemed pleased that I had his jersey and asked me if I was Russian. I'm 1/4 I said. The lady in the Canucks store said they sold 4 Jerseys on Friday and a few more yesterday, but I didn't see any more around town. A lot of people were saying its the first Tryamkin jersey they've seen.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can you remember this kind of honest love for a new player?  It might just be a function of social media, but I really believe Tryamkin to have a special attractiveness to him.  

Me too. I think he has it. All we can hope for now is that he stays relatively healthy. 

29 minutes ago, stexx said:
Brendan Gaunce Retweeted

Thank you @BoHorvat and @BrendanGaunce16 for not letting Nikita Tryamkin kill my friend after stealing the hat off his head. #deathwish

wonder what the story behind this is.

Yeah seriously. Somehow I get the impression Dallas was sincere and honest with this tweet lol

"39.6: This is the ratio of shots on net the Canucks controlled with Nikita Tryamkin. The only player who had a lower percentage this season was Andrey Pedan."

From Botchford. He sure looked better than that though.

10 hours ago, Grape said:

"39.6: This is the ratio of shots on net the Canucks controlled with Nikita Tryamkin. The only player who had a lower percentage this season was Andrey Pedan."

From Botchford. He sure looked better than that though.

#Passedtheeyetest