The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Tre Mac said:

This is one prospect I feel will never see the light of day in NA or become an effective NHL d-man.  He is so overhyped on this board, I would be shocked to see him contribute in any way.  Just a hunch.

Well folks, when you're right 51% of the time there's bound to be a miss or two.:bigblush:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks 49m49 minutes ago

Tryamkin will return to Russia to train this summer and return to Vancouver early August.

glad to hear he will be returning early. Hopefully he will find a permanent place to live for himself and his wife and they can learn more about the city before training camp starts.

17 hours ago, Grape said:

"39.6: This is the ratio of shots on net the Canucks controlled with Nikita Tryamkin. The only player who had a lower percentage this season was Andrey Pedan."

From Botchford. He sure looked better than that though.

The fact that he started his "season" during that 9 game losing streak is probably why. The day Botch or Gallagher say something positive about the team is the day they spontanously combust.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is in no way an insult, but does Tryamkin have that giant syndrome?  I accept he's a big guy, but he's exceptionally large - even for 6'8".  He's appears way bigger than other guys his height.  Plus, he seems almost freakishly strong too.  Look how he just swats big heavy guys - not much lighter in weight then himself - aside so easily.  He swatted Stewart and Kesler and lots of guys so easily. I agree the guy has the physical attributes to be extremely dominant.  Alf loves Tryamkin!:wub:

Its because he has length to his muscles. He doesn't have to weigh more than the next guy to be stronger. He will always be stronger than the next guy! Its simple physics. Unless you ask the graduate from the peanut university haha. That's why when JB saw that he could skate like normal sized people he drafted him :) Every muscle group in his body will be stronger than a smaller guy weighing the same.

Add that to his already good hockey smarts and good physical coordination and you get one unstoppable hockey player.

We haven't even begun to see his offensive side yet!

Im glad he got the last 10 games or so here to get accustomed and familiarized with NHL hockey. Now he has a whole summer to work on what he's learned so far and start to bring his complete game next year.

Chara Shara Smara doesn't have anything on this kid! LOL Chara couldn't even skate when he entered the NHL let alone slap a one timer!

Nobody will even remember Chara after this kids done making a name for himself! :)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

The fact that he started his "season" during that 9 game losing streak is probably why. The day Botch or Gallagher say something positive about the team is the day they spontanously combust.

Haha No Kidding!!!

6 hours ago, MadOgre said:

Its because he has length to his muscles. He doesn't have to weigh more than the next guy to be stronger. He will always be stronger than the next guy! Its simple physics. Unless you ask the graduate from the peanut university haha. That's why when JB saw that he could skate like normal sized people he drafted him :) Every muscle group in his body will be stronger than a smaller guy weighing the same.

Add that to his already good hockey smarts and good physical coordination and you get one unstoppable hockey player.

We haven't even begun to see his offensive side yet!

Im glad he got the last 10 games or so here to get accustomed and familiarized with NHL hockey. Now he has a whole summer to work on what he's learned so far and start to bring his complete game next year.

Chara Shara Smara doesn't have anything on this kid! LOL Chara couldn't even skate when he entered the NHL let alone slap a one timer!

Nobody will even remember Chara after this kids done making a name for himself! :)

He's still growing,. the detail to training and nutrition here will prove to be exceptional for Nik.  He is presently listed at 227 lbs,. My guess is that he will lean out around 25 years old to be around 235- 240 lbs and 30 - 40% stronger. 

Nik already skates so well,. But watch that get faster, and formidable .  

He has great offensive tendencies,.  Likes to support his forwards quickly..  Hope to see him handed the puck at the Center line in full stride next year. The sooner his forwards work with his tendencies and let him overlap their position, the closer we are to seeing his complete game.

• Upvote 3

On April 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Drewismyname said:

I am. You're 100% right. 

I just thought it was worth it to point out that Tryamkin has some insane skills while also being completely innept. Also he has a personality who I have noticed is kinda live ovies. Not to mention he is a spitting image of him.

I guess that makes me a racist and a drug user. Okay. This is why Canucks fans have a bad name. The fact that any altercation with the canucks talk and the corresponding forums attached to it's hoard of internet warriors can be ended by saying that is a pretty darn good indication for all of you to just stop and allow this team to exist without having a juvenile group of aggressive, offensive, and blatantly irresponsible group of losers trolling it's forums./

A little sensitive are we Drew?

go back and re-read your posts... If those posts didn't deserve a little ribbing then I guess natural selection doesn't exist.

If your going to post something publicly then learn to expect all kinds of responses.

Fwiw I enjoyed the read. The execution was just a little Bill and Ted.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2016 at 7:45 PM, Western Red said:

I met Nikita yesterday, he signed my new Tryamkin jersey. I hollered at him as he rolled in and showed him the jersey. He walked all the way back up to me and asked me my name. He then wrote "For Dustin" and chatted with me and my Gf and posed for pics for me and the Canucks staff. Really nice guy, good English as far as I could tell. I have a really good feeling about him.

Im from a small town on VI, so it was awesome getting so many honks and people shouting at me. Really made my Birthday weekend, I'm 32 but I felt like a kid. Love the Canucks and the city of Vancouver.

We are all kids when it comes to the Canucks. 

Sounds like you had a great experience. Good to know that Tryamkin is a good guy. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, SilentSam said:

He has great offensive tendencies,.  Likes to support his forwards quickly..  Hope to see him handed the puck at the Center line in full stride next year. The sooner his forwards work with his tendencies and let him overlap their position, the closer we are to seeing his complete game.

Russian defensemen in the KHL are taught to make that quick first pass and Nikita is good at that. You could see in his several games with Canucks that he was ready to make first pass every time he got the puck in the Canucks zone but forwards did not expect that. Hopefully WD addresses this miscommunication issue next season.

29 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Russian defensemen in the KHL are taught to make that quick first pass and Nikita is good at that. You could see in his several games with Canucks that he was ready to make first pass every time he got the puck in the Canucks zone but forwards did not expect that. Hopefully WD addresses this miscommunication issue next season.

This is where the game needs to leave a systematic approach and let creativity and trust of all players take over.  Heya Stierlitz, I think Demko just signed !

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

This is where the game needs to leave a systematic approach and let creativity and trust of all players take over.  Heya Stierlitz, I think Demko just signed !

Yes, he did!

Ryan Biech @ryanbiech 15m15 minutes ago

Can confirm that Thatcher Demko has now officially signed his entry level deal with the #Canucks

• Upvote 1