The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

We would have to sign him to an entry level contract with would be under 1 million per year.

I am not exactly sure what your point about his KHL contract is but if he is making 1.3 million in the KHL it is tax free. Essentially the difference would by having 1.3 million (KHL) vs 565,000 (NHL).

A previous poster asked what his KHL salary is. KHL salaries aren't posted, but I found a list of the top 90. The bottom of the list was 1.3 million and he wasn't on it.

He could get paid $925,000, plus a $92,000 signing bonus plus a performance bonus for ice time (up to $212,000 if he is top 4 in ice time) and blocked shots (not sure what the amount is).

While they play tax free there is a huge difference in the quality of life between an NHLer and a player in the KHL. They stay in crappy hotel rooms, buy their own soap etc. NHL players are treated like royalty.

This isn't the case of a marginal second line player only worth paying 1 million in the NHL while he can make 3 million in the KHL. From the looks of the way contracts are the KHL dishes out money for points, whereas the NHL pays higher for defensive players.

I don't think this is a case we will have a hard time retaining Tryamkin down the road unless he becomes a 40+ point player. As a 10-20 point, 4/5th defenseman I think we would make more in the nhl.

I guess Claude Giroux wasn't referring to me.

I'm interested in this big Russian kids' upside. But he's been passed over completely in drafts before. So smokescreen?

The fact that he's 19 going on 20 and seems to be committed to the KHL for the next 2 years obviously scared some teams away.

For a team that's willing to be patient though, he could have huge upside.

The Canucks can afford to be patient with him.

• Upvote 2

The fact that he's 19 going on 20 and seems to be committed to the KHL for the next 2 years obviously scared some teams away.

Never heard any contract detail like an option to leave for NA. 2 years is a great development time line.I prefer the AHL over the KHL. One has to wonder how truly professional the KHL is. Russia is pretty

corrupt and dangerous. He is young enough for the WJ this year. Hopefully he travels back with Team

Canada.

Never heard any contract detail like an option to leave for NA. 2 years is a great development time line.I prefer the AHL over the KHL. One has to wonder how truly professional the KHL is. Russia is pretty

corrupt and dangerous. He is young enough for the WJ this year. Hopefully he travels back with Team

Canada.

he is NOT young enough for the 2015 WJC.... 19 right now, turns 20 in august.

Canada.

While the AHL might be ideal, he is probably making at least $300K in the KHL, tax free vs $60k in the AHL.

Edited by canucklehead44

Canada.

What a bastion of tolerance and understanding you are.

• Upvote 2

Maybe it was the "Russian" factor that scared teams away?

I personally doubt it was any two year KHL time line. How many D men get drafted and make an NHL impact within two years? Two years wait if anything is fast track IMO.

In any case, yes, that patience in drafting with Tryamkin and otherwise is sage...

Good article, thanks.

Sounds like he's one of those super-steady defenders who never "shine", but always for the right reasons. If you're never out of position, you never show up out of position. And that he's loyal to the team he's signed to; he's not looking to bolt - he signed a contract, and is honoring it. Bodes well if the same mentality applies should he come over.

I think he is the real steal of the draft.

I think a great type of replacement for the old Edler type physicalityin 2 years...maybe Edler has injuries or what but we need someone back there that can cause disruption on those attacking forwards. Love finding these under the radar gems, two thumbs up JB

So i'm curious. It seems like he knows very little to no English. I assume he is going to at least try and work on that the next two years, but say he doesn't and he struggles with it still and needs a translator like he does now. Does that mean we pretty much send him back, or do we deal with it? I would imagine a coach would not be too happy with constantly having a translator to communicate with his players on and off the ice.

^ He already said he will try to learn English. Besides I'm sure he already knows most of the hockey terms in English.

Yeah I know but I'm just saying hypothetically, let's say he doesn't. Maybe he struggles or whatever. If he wasn't to know english sufficiently, what do we do?