The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

23 minutes ago, mpt said:

All he said is that he'll be training in Russia, hopefully he takes it seriously, interesting how the conditioning expectations of the KHL is so different than of the NHL.

According to the article Stierlitz translated in "Nikita Tryamkin Talk" (second or third to last page) Try said he'll the training in Canada this summer to prepare for next season. He also said that they take long breaks (~1 week iirc) between KHL games, which would explain his lackluster conditioning.

I'll be waiting with baited breath to see how things turn out for him in training camp. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, so I'm confident he'll work as hard as possible on his stamina.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

According to the article Stierlitz translated in "Nikita Tryamkin Talk" (second or third to last page) Try said he'll the training in Canada this summer to prepare for next season. He also said that they take long breaks (~1 week iirc) between KHL games, which would explain his lackluster conditioning.

I'll be waiting with baited breath to see how things turn out for him in training camp. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, so I'm confident he'll work as hard as possible on his stamina.

Agreed

7 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

That's just in one day. There's a reason why chara is keeping up with the league well into his 30s.

Any idea what constitutes "working out" for him for 6-7h daily?? I'm curious, because that seems like a surefire way to get injured. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Any idea what constitutes "working out" for him for 6-7h daily?? I'm curious, because that seems like a surefire way to get injured. 

not really. 
For eg, if you are into cycling or jogging, you go for a 10 km jog/40 km bike ride between 9am and 1pm, come home, eat, rest, then go to the gym for your 'arms day' around 4pm and work out for 1 hour, come home, eat, rest and go for a 2 hour swim from 9pm to 11, thats your 7 hours/day and sustainable if you already are fit.

5 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

If the Canucks carry 8 defenceman, hopefully it'll be 4 lefties and 4 righties. If so, kinda looks like Pedan might be odd man out. Assuming Tryamkin pans out in camp. Hope to see him paired with Biega in the bottom-4.

Pedan can skate, hit and fight. There are decent odds this year that he is our ninth d and 14th forward.   

He he has some promise and at his age, should be open to doing anything to make the team. Heck, Weber played on the 4th line under Torts and Willie. 

11 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Pedan can skate, hit and fight. There are decent odds this year that he is our ninth d and 14th forward.   

He he has some promise and at his age, should be open to doing anything to make the team. Heck, Weber played on the 4th line under Torts and Willie. 

You think they'll carry 9 D? That's pushing it a bit, I think. Can't see him doubling as a forward. I think he'd be more of a lock to stick with the team if not for the addition of Tryamkin. 

3 hours ago, Qwags said:

I don't think there has been a player on the current Canucks who has been as hyped as Tryamkin, besides the Sedins.

Hyped? By whom?  We hardly heard anything about him until he signed his contract.  

• Upvote 1

He's a big dude, takes a lot of effort and energy to move around when you're as big as he is. Lot of big guys tend to have this issue, even Chara did when he was younger.

I don't expect dramatic improvements to Tryamkin's conditioning and endurance for this year, if however by 2017-2018 he's not substantially improved after having a full NHL season under his belt and another summer of off-season training, then my alarm bells will start to go off.

• Upvote 1

Sorry 8 defence men.

I could see one of our spare d filling in at forward.  Even if we carry 8, I don't see why Pedan can't fill in as a fourth line winger for a game here or there. 

Either way I would be in favour of not losing these guys to waivers. We always need the depth on defence to survive the season. 

• Upvote 2

I think as long as he is conditioned enough to play consistent nhl games that Tryamkin is a lock on a 5/6 position.   He proved that while he got far too winded, his game itself is just fine at the NHL level.  

We didn't sign him not to play him.  He's not a defensive liability, and hits like an absolute truck.

• Upvote 1