Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

The second he dropped his gloves I started getting nervous, imagine how the guy he was fighting felt. :lol: That looked like a grown man too, and Try's pretty young. What a beast! 

That reach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mpt said:

I hope Gudbranson can teach him how to fight

watching him approach the guy in the fight i don't see any fear in his approach its actually pretty aggressive ,and the fight itself was pretty even ,but i give it to tryamkin only for his obvious reach advantages ,i hope gudbranson drops em first this upcoming season ,not to show him how to fight per say ,but to show tryampkin to not have any trepidations of what fighting in this league is all about, but at 6'8" i do think he's pretty capable of holding his own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

watching him approach the guy in the fight i don't see any fear in his approach its actually pretty aggressive ,and the fight itself was pretty even ,but i give it to tryamkin only for his obvious reach advantages ,i hope gudbranson drops em first this upcoming season ,not to show him how to fight per say ,but to show tryampkin to not have any trepidations of what fighting in this league is all about, but at 6'8" i do think he's pretty capable of holding his own.

Until he fights a real opponent.  His technique was very poor, last thing you want to see is him getting hurt, like Pedan

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mpt said:

Until he fights a real opponent.  His technique was very poor, last thing you want to see is him getting hurt, like Pedan

he is only 21 or 22 he'll figure it out ,my only concern is he holds back ,displaying some sort of confidence thing , in a new environment ,but as he mature's the confidence will follow ,if there is a problem there at all ,personally i don't think there is .

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chon derry said:

he is only 21 or 22 he'll figure it out ,my only concern is he holds back ,displaying some sort of confidence thing , in a new environment ,but as he mature's the confidence will follow ,if there is a problem there at all ,personally i don't think there is .

Instead of figuring it out, wouldn't it be better if someone was there to help teach him?  As a professional athlete figuring it out on your own is a pretty stupid idea.  Fighting is a skill like blocking a shot, sometimes it's best to be coached

Edited by mpt
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mpt said:

Instead of figuring it out, wouldn't it be better if someone was there to help teach him?  Glad to see your thoughts on teamwork.

the team work thing goes without saying , if he finds himself in trouble i'm pretty sure someone like gudbranson steps up. and i also think he doesn't need a whole lot of tutelage in the pugilism department.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chon derry said:

the team work thing goes without saying , if he finds himself in trouble i'm pretty sure someone like gudbranson steps up. and i also think he doesn't need a whole lot of tutelage in the pugilism department.

This is what can happen when you try to "learn as you go", better for a guy like Prust to work with Virtanen, or a guy like Dorsett and Gudbranson to work Tryamkin.  You can't just throw your arms around like a windmill at these proven NHL fighters

 

 

Edited by mpt
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mpt said:

This is what can happen when you try to "learn as you go", better for a guy like Prust to work with Virtanen, or a guy like Dorsett and Gudbranson to work Tryamkin.

 

 

i'm not going to argue the point, i'm with you on the tryamkin concern our concerns differ a little  and there is the bigger they the harder the harder they fall aspect to it ,to be sure , but the far end of that spectrum , would be if he tryampkin seriously loses it ,he puts some one out with injury and gets himself suspended , i wouldn't want either one of those scenarios.  having said all that i have some concern however i'm certainly not worried about him.

Edited by chon derry
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mpt said:

I hope Gudbranson can teach him how to fight

I would be happier if he teaches Tryamkin how to use the smaller ice surface to his advantage. Tryamkin doesn't need to fight to be effect he needs to keep growing in the area of using his space properly. He got better as time went on. 

He needs to be in shape first.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tree doesn't have to fight to be effective. I think it is more important to develop his overall game instead.  He can skate and make a good pass.  He needs to work on his accuracy for his shot.  The rough stuff will come naturally to him due to his size.  I am excited on what he may become.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chon derry said:

i'm not going to argue the point, i'm with you on the tryamkin concern our concerns differ a little  and there is the bigger they the harder the harder they fall aspect to it ,to be sure , but the far end of that spectrum , would be if he tryampkin seriously loses it ,he puts some one out with injury and gets himself suspended , i wouldn't want either one of those scenarios.  having said all that i have some concern however i'm certainly not worried about him.

Let's just agree that he hopefully will become as a beast to play against and that he intimidates the other players.  He definitely has the potential and him having to fight is a small piece to a much larger picture

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I would be happier if he teaches Tryamkin how to use the smaller ice surface to his advantage. Tryamkin doesn't need to fight to be effect he needs to keep growing in the area of using his space properly. He got better as time went on. 

He needs to be in shape first.

 

 

13 minutes ago, EastVanCanuck said:

Tree doesn't have to fight to be effective. I think it is more important to develop his overall game instead.  He can skate and make a good pass.  He needs to work on his accuracy for his shot.  The rough stuff will come naturally to him due to his size.  I am excited on what he may become.  

Oh for sure but with the size he brings you know he's going to have to stand up for himself eventually, it's a small piece too a much larger picture

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, mpt said:

We'll find out by his conditioning at training camp whether or not we should be excited about his potential.  If he doesn't come in great shape, I doubt he'll ever get it

Agreed.  This is his time to shine.  That's the only thing that concerns me about this guy.  Otherwise, he's a gem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...