The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Not unusual but IMO Tanev enters the season with the least amount of questions about what he brings. Edler is whether he can regain a +40 season; Hutton: can he continue his development and be a true ozone performer; Sbisa: can he progress and anchor his #5 spot; Tryamkin, Larson and Pedan: who breaks out and claims #6; Gudbranson: not having seen much of his play I am wondering how complete a game he brings. Florida let him go for McCann which is a red flag in my mind. #3 overall. Is he simply a physical presence or does he have that first pass that fans talk about.

My guesstitmate:

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Sbisa

Larsen - Pedan*    Pedan ends up in Utica  

Yes Pedan will come up on injuries (even a hang nail sit down whoevers needs a rest/injury etc) Larsen I'm hoping gets a few pp's to show his skill.

16 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes Pedan will come up on injuries (even a hang nail sit down whoevers needs a rest/injury etc) Larsen I'm hoping gets a few pp's to show his skill.

16 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I heard rumors of Van carrying 8 d-men which could be interesting considering how many forwards are looking for spots. Pedan has to clear waivers so sending him down could be a gamble. Same with Larsen. If Tryamkin resumes his play from last spring he isn't going anywhere.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I heard rumors of Van carrying 8 d-men which could be interesting considering how many forwards are looking for spots. Pedan has to clear waivers so sending him down could be a gamble. Same with Larsen. If Tryamkin resumes his play from last spring he isn't going anywhere.

(And Sbisa used to be a forward before he switched to defense)..I like hiding a D man on the 4th. Defenseman are going to be the backbone of the team this year..a full platoon capable of mixing and matching to each opponent. This will be good for coaching match ups for sure.

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

(And Sbisa used to be a forward before he switched to defense)..I like hiding a D man on the 4th. Defenseman are going to be the backbone of the team this year..a full platoon capable of mixing and matching to each opponent. This will be good for coaching match ups for sure.

Actually? Can we put him up front instead of Grenier next time?

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Are you suggesting another Terry Harper? :) Bowman used to play Harper like a fiddle.

Tryamkin certainly has a lot to work with, and I don't refer to his size. He has hockey skills and IQ that can be developed. I'm not certain you can say the same about Pedan ...although Pedan does have other attributes. Biega as much as I like him has maybe a better chance to clear the waiver wire. Larson I haven't ever seen him but if he's a special team player and Vcr needs more success on the PP then he's likely to be the man. Sbisa IMO is the odd man out. WE have physicality with Gudbranson and Tryamkin so do we need Sbisa occasional physical attributes ? the problem is how long will he be JB's blue eye boy

Edited by Fred65
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not familiar with Harper but Bowman was as smart as they come for sure.

I guess I am dating myself. Terry Harper was a guy who could play both forward and defense. Bowman used to rotate him around and would sit him out on occasion. When that happened Harper always came back with a solid game with his nasty side showing. Bowman used to be pretty brutal with his bottom 6 forwards. His d-core was always golden.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I guess I am dating myself. Terry Harper was a guy who could play both forward and defense. Bowman used to rotate him around and would sit him out on occasion. When that happened Harper always came back with a solid game with his nasty side showing. Bowman used to be pretty brutal with his bottom 6 forwards. His d-core was always golden.

I like the idea of creating competition for the bottom 6. I like when players have to earn their ice time. (Oh I can't be waived.I have a NTC etc) Keeping players hungry is a good thing. Bowman reminds me of a tough old coach that wouldn't take half ass$d efforts. 

On 7/21/2016 at 11:15 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

I like the idea of creating competition for the bottom 6. I like when players have to earn their ice time. (Oh I can't be waived.I have a NTC etc) Keeping players hungry is a good thing. Bowman reminds me of a tough old coach that wouldn't take half ass$d efforts. 

I agree, inner competition should make for a player. JB has done a pretty good job of upping the compete level of the team and has a lot of people looking forward to next season. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Nikita would have served himself a bigger favour by staying in Vancouver this summer ..IMO...Its a pretty critical time for him,and you would have to think its pretty hard to monitor a players progress when he's 10 time zones away.

Anyway,guess we will know one way or the the other.. 6 weeks from now.

13 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I think that Nikita would have served himself a bigger favour by staying in Vancouver this summer ..IMO...Its a pretty critical time for him,and you would have to think its pretty hard to monitor a players progress when he's 10 time zones away.

Anyway,guess we will know one way or the the other.. 6 weeks from now.

I know what you're saying but here guys have lives too. Didn't he get married this summer?

3 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

I know what you're saying but here guys have lives too. Didn't he get married this summer?

He did get married, in April or May I think, then went on (what appears to be, based on instagram :lol:) a pretty long honeymoon. I swear I heard him in an interview quoted as saying he would train in Van or stay in close contact with Canucks trainers, something along those lines, for the summer. I'm excited to see what he looks like out of camp.

7 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

He did get married, in April or May I think, then went on (what appears to be, based on instagram :lol:) a pretty long honeymoon. I swear I heard him in an interview quoted as saying he would train in Van or stay in close contact with Canucks trainers, something along those lines, for the summer. I'm excited to see what he looks like out of camp.

Didn't he say something about leaning out too, by dropping 20 lbs?  He felt he needed to be quicker?