The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Tough to say..(he definitely stands out in a crowd...his wife looked like a little girl standing beside him )...He has massive tree trunk legs,he's no beanpole thats for sure....Almost the same lind of build as Byfuglien.

more like the one on the left or the one on the right?

byfuglien.jpg

• Upvote 1

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Green Building said:

After seeing his play late last season, I'm already excited for what he could bring in a few years. His conditioning was definitely nowhere near what it needs to be to be an effective big minutes guy, and I do hope he comes into camp in better condition than last year, but it would be hard to do a complete flip to great shape in 4 months; any noticeable difference would be encouraging.

I missed most of late last year and didn't get to see him play hardly at all. What was it exactly that is making everyone say he was out of shape?

Isn't it pretty typical for bigger guys to take longer into a season to get there legs.

3 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I missed most of late last year and didn't get to see him play hardly at all. What was it exactly that is making everyone say he was out of shape?

Isn't it pretty typical for bigger guys to take longer into a season to get there legs.

He himself said the speed of play here was something he wasn't ready for.  He said he needed to drop weight, and become fitter to play the faster paced NHL game.  His first shift was less than 10 seconds.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

IIRC, in his first team practice, he could barely handle the skating drills. Also, there was multiple occasions where Try looked completely winded after being out slightly longer than an average shift. Either way, I have total faith that he's improved his cardio and stamina this off-season. I'm just excited to see by how much.

Just now, Alflives said:

He himself said the speed of play here was something he wasn't ready for.  He said he needed to drop weight, and become fitter to play the faster paced NHL game.  His first shift was less than 10 seconds.  :lol:

Well then. Sounds like a mature response and an ability to self diagnose and self correct. He will likely come to camp in great shape. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crackers said:

IIRC, in his first team practice, he could barely handle the skating drills. Also, there was multiple occasions where Try looked completely winded after being out slightly longer than an average shift. Either way, I have total faith that he's improved his cardio and stamina this off-season. I'm just excited to see by how much.

.... Just to note, I seem to recall, he had his first team practice after traveling for 20hr and after landing in Vancouver at 4am,. Immediately made the 6am practice.

of course our local media made less of his travel and determination... And more of his fatigue in practice.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...