The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

He's what, 20 years old right now and by the time his KHL contract expires he'll be 22. Give him a season or two bouncing between the AHL and NHL and he'll be a 23 or 24 year old rookie in the NHL. If he's a big hit I'd say he takes 2-3 years before he hits his prime consistently at the NHL level.

That's 5-7 years away from prime NHL time, when he'll be 25-27. By then Hamhuis and Bieksa will be long gone, and Edler/Tanev/Corrado/Stanton/Sbisa will need some serious size and muscle on the blueline. Fits quite nicely with the rest of our young core if he ends up panning out.

Yeah I know but I'm just saying hypothetically, let's say he doesn't. Maybe he struggles or whatever. If he wasn't to know english sufficiently, what do we do?

???

Seems like an odd hypothetical scenario to be concerned about at this time in his career.

Hypothetically, he could also lose his tongue in a flossing accident.

Then what do we do!?!

• Upvote 2

Yeah I know but I'm just saying hypothetically, let's say he doesn't. Maybe he struggles or whatever. If he wasn't to know english sufficiently, what do we do?

no worries. we'll have drafted our 1c who happens to also be a russian giant by then...

• 2 weeks later...

Is he 6'6 or 6'7? Either way he's big and good defensively. Won't go as far as saying Chara 2.0 but he still has the potential to be a great defensemen.

How did you change your grey status thing to "rekked"?

Is he 6'6 or 6'7? Either way he's big and good defensively. Won't go as far as saying Chara 2.0 but he still has the potential to be a great defensemen.

He's 6'7

How did you change your grey status thing to "rekked"?

Hax

Edited by I♥Huberdeau

• 2 weeks later...

i'm really excited for this guy. he's a monster, good skater, played the PK, and PP. i think he'll be a very good player in the NHL. he'll end up like a Hal Gill at worst

More like the Russian Army will use him in their special forces when they invade the Baltic countries. All that hockey travel will pay off.

First game of the years stats

Defensemen GP G А PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG SOG %SOG FO FOW %FO TOI SFT HITS BLS FOA 8 8 Tryamkin Nikita 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 0 0 - 16:31 20 2 4 1

lead the team in Blocked shots

4th in ice time

4 blocked shots and 2 hits, 4th in ice time, in the KHL as a 20 year old. This kid is going to be dynamite!

# Player GP G А PTS +/- PIM ESG PPG SHG OTG GWG SDS SOG %SOG FO FOW %FO TOI SFT HITS BLS FOA

1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 0 0 - 14:11 19 0 0 0

Second game was 6th in ice time.....

Are you trying to transmit some coded message via the internet, Gstank? The "4", "9: and ":" is going to mess up the message.