The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

'The Freight Train' he can pretend to pull the whistle down when he scores Woot!Woot!!

or a good ol' Johnny Cash song when he scores. I know teams are already studying his film -added to what they know about Guds and Sbisa- opposing forwards are already going to be very wary in our zone this season.

What nick name do we give him when he crushes Johnny Goudreau?  If Tryamkin gets a little guy, like Goudreau, with a big hit, he might really "break him".  

12 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Training camp is about to start.  Too early to tell.  He had everyone excited at the end of last year when he first showed up from the KHL...

12 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Training camp is about to start.  Too early to tell.  He had everyone excited at the end of last year when he first showed up from the KHL...

Is he leaner, lighter, and quicker?  I thought I heard him say after last season he wanted to be lighter this season, because the game was much faster here than in the KHL?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is he leaner, lighter, and quicker?  I thought I heard him say after last season he wanted to be lighter this season, because the game was much faster here than in the KHL?

I heard some one on 1040 mention he'd dropped the weight they asked him to drop and that he was in shape. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

On holidays in Malaysia. No training camp scoops from me unfortunately.

There were some posts earlier on comments by JB & Willie about T88.  They were careful not to mention anything positive. Which they did offer on several players. So speculation is first impressions were not what was desired...?

20 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

There were some posts earlier on comments by JB & Willie about T88.  They were careful not to mention anything positive. Which they did offer on several players. So speculation is first impressions were not what was desired...?

Thanks for that. I know he got married this summer and did the honey moon thing. 

I wonder how his skating and endurance us?  I think he's well aware what is expected of him, it's just that we don't know what he expects if himself. There's no body of local work to look at yet. The what ifs are plenty, I know I've had a few of those,we'll soon all know.

20 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Thats probably reading too much into it I think. I heard several stories that he arrived in shape and my guess is he'll need all of camp to get up to game speed. 

Looked pretty decent in the scrimmage today. Didn't look like he was trying very hard though. I have a feeling he will shine much more once we start playing other teams. He was probably going a little easy since it was intersquad and he weighs twice as much as some of the other players lol.

Made some nice plays in small spaces.

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Looked pretty decent in the scrimmage today. Didn't look like he was trying very hard though. I have a feeling he will shine much more once we start playing other teams. He was probably going a little easy since it was intersquad and he weighs twice as much as some of the other players lol.

Made some nice plays in small spaces.

He could just be sore from saturdays workout. I like this guys attitude, and I think he'll show more during preseason games. 

On September 24, 2016 at 7:06 PM, aqua59 said:

Thanks for that. I know he got married this summer and did the honey moon thing. 

I wonder how his skating and endurance us?  I think he's well aware what is expected of him, it's just that we don't know what he expects if himself. There's no body of local work to look at yet. The what ifs are plenty, I know I've had a few of those,we'll soon all know.

As you mentioned he just got married. I'd hazzard a guess that his cardio has never been better.B)

• Upvote 1