The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Chris Neil just smashed Hawkins on the forecheck-the TO Dman (smaller defenseman) and I thought no way he'd smash Tryamkin as hard as he did Hawkins lol

Hairy... SiZe does matter!:P

No more repetitive hits to Tanev, or the likes of Weber, Hamhuis.

we have the line ups to answer to that play.

Edited by SilentSam

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hairy... SiZe does matter!:P

No more repetitive hits to Tanev, or the likes of Weber, Hamhuis.

we have the line ups to answer to that play.

Hunwick barely made it back to the bench and didn't come out for the second period.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

On 10/9/2016 at 10:30 PM, khay said:

Maybe that's how Russian reports talk or maybe it's the translation. But man, that was one sarcastic interviewer

Naw, it's just the translation. I read through the original article and then compared it to the translated version and there are some things that are not too accurate. I would personally translate the comment about the Sedins not being in the preseason games as "The Sedin brothers did not take part in any preseason games" rather than "Didn’t see Sedin brothers in any preseason games". :P

1 minute ago, Drewismyname said:

how many games in the press box before Nikita rejoins the KHL for the year? Or does he have to play if the Canucks keep him on the roster?

Good way to find out if he really wants to be on the team i guess.

Isn't there an agreement between the two leagues?  

On 09/10/2016 at 4:20 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

ast year you said you wouldn’t go to the farm club?

NT: I would rather not discuss it. I have a clear goal here – I am trying to make the team, doing whatever I possibly can. But the decision will of course be up the coaching staff.

This was a very interesting bit in the interview.

Tryamkin will need some game action eventually. I never thought I'd say this, but how do you take Sbisa out at this point? Dude's been playing solid the first two games and earning his ice time.

I think Larsen could be a more likely candidate to draw out of the lineup for him. It would make things uneven with the left/right shots but maybe on a back to back they decide to spot Tryamkin in and get him going, and you could shift Hutton up to the first PP unit instead. Obviously there will be injuries eventually but you never want to hope or plan for that.

Sbisa is playing well right now so I don't see him being taken out of the lineup for Tryamkin. An injury will most likely occur which will allow Tryamkin to get into the lineup. 

The other factor to consider is that Biega needs his 19 games. I'm pretty sure Benning wants Biega to

get those games so he can expose him in the expansion draft. That would give Benning the flexibility to trade Sbisa if need be at the deadline. If Sbisa keeps up his play he could fetch a decent return. Or we could trade Edler instead knowing Sbisa has become a solid Dman. 

Edited by Harvey Spector

Is Sbisa actually playing well... or just our expectations are so low that as long as he doesn't make any blatant mistakes, it's considered a good game?

A couple of times last game (or maybe against Calgary), he had the puck in his own zone and tried to skate away from the forechecker, and he pretty much ran outta room on his own blueline once another forechecker came along.  

Not saying Tryamkin wouldn't have made the same mistake, but the drop in play will be minimal IMO.  

47 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Tonight's the third game of the season... you'd have to assume he draws in by the weekend with the back to back. Also Larsen hasn't exactly been a show stopper. 

I think Larsen has played very well, and by the end of this month will be working exceptionally for us on all special teams as well.

Tryamkin NEEDS to be dressed, we are going into week 2 of the season.. all players need to be getting their game legs and feeling like they are part of the club.. Skille included.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:31 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

Did you have moments when you understood that in Russia you’d get a penalty for those hits?

NT: I did get a penalty in a game against Calgary. I almost got into my first fight in that game.

I saw, but then chaos began

NT: We were ready, but then some guy from Calgary gets me from the back, grabs my head and pushes me to the ice. I didn’t know things like that happened. If two are fighting, a third guy doesn’t jump in. He almost ripped my head off. By the way he got a penalty for interference.

Was this the game vs. Calgary where he scored? Don't remember this happening..

18 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

This was one of the preseason games a few weeks ago, I believe. 

that's what I assumed at first, but he only played one game vs Calg and I just don't remember any hits big enough for him to be penalized over.. i vaguely remember a mixup with brouwer, but don't think there was a hit nor anyone pushing tryamkin to the ice?

curiosity/hating to forget things is getting the better of me haha

3 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Trying to find it, but heard a rumor he might not being in game shape from our staffs point of view. 

Yep, WD said that he is not ready to play and they have him on a "program". 

something along the lines of "we have him on a bit of a program. we want to make sure that when we do put him in, he's in game shape and ready to go"

14 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yep, WD said that he is not ready to play and they have him on a "program". 

something along the lines of "we have him on a bit of a program. we want to make sure that when we do put him in, he's in game shape and ready to go"

Where'd y'all hear/read/see this??