Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2016 at 4:31 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

Did you have moments when you understood that in Russia you’d get a penalty for those hits?

NT: I did get a penalty in a game against Calgary. I almost got into my first fight in that game.

I saw, but then chaos began

NT: We were ready, but then some guy from Calgary gets me from the back, grabs my head and pushes me to the ice. I didn’t know things like that happened. If two are fighting, a third guy doesn’t jump in. He almost ripped my head off. By the way he got a penalty for interference.

Was this the game vs. Calgary where he scored? Don't remember this happening..

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

This was one of the preseason games a few weeks ago, I believe. 

that's what I assumed at first, but he only played one game vs Calg and I just don't remember any hits big enough for him to be penalized over.. i vaguely remember a mixup with brouwer, but don't think there was a hit nor anyone pushing tryamkin to the ice?

curiosity/hating to forget things is getting the better of me haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Trying to find it, but heard a rumor he might not being in game shape from our staffs point of view. 

Yep, WD said that he is not ready to play and they have him on a "program". 

 

something along the lines of "we have him on a bit of a program. we want to make sure that when we do put him in, he's in game shape and ready to go"

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yep, WD said that he is not ready to play and they have him on a "program". 

 

something along the lines of "we have him on a bit of a program. we want to make sure that when we do put him in, he's in game shape and ready to go"

Where'd y'all hear/read/see this??

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's fair to keep him on this program until he's game-shape. All the other guys busted their [*behind*] to get them into competitive shape so Tryamkin should too. At least he'll be able to view things from up top and gain further understanding of how the North American game works. 

 

That said, hopefully he'll be able to get in a game sometime soon like in a few weeks or so. With his size, physicality, skating ability, and above average puck handling skills he just oozes so much potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, austy said:

As much as id like tram in against a bigger team it will be good to see how larsen fares. Larsen was solid against carolina but this will be a test. 

 

I personally thought he is losing out his job to Lucas Sbisa.  Larsen is needed for his offence, so it would make sense to have 6'8 Trymamkin stay at home dman play with Larsen as he will be that lines offensive driver.  Its just that Lucas Sbisa has been pretty much spot on the last 2 games, (very good). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is listed at 265 pounds right now. That would make him the heaviest player in the league, slightly more than Buffs listed weight of 260 (but with how chubby he looks I am sure he more than that). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I think Sbisa just gave Tryamkin a bit more of a chance to get into the lineup after tonight. That shift with around 1:30 to go was flat out brutal to watch. So maybe I spoke too soon on his good play...

With the approaching back to backs along with that eastern road trip I think it would be wise to spot Tryamkin in here and there. Whether that's for Sbisa or Larsen remains to be seen, but I think instead of waiting for an injury to happen you can also help prevent injuries by resting players across such a compacted schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Willie, Trymakin's game isn't where they want it to be. When you add this in with the fact that he refuses to go to the minors - it leads me to believe that Trymakin is really not a team-player, or at least really only cares about the way his career goes. Willie also said that he was trying "way harder" than last year - which is also troubling. When you finally get into the big leagues, shouldn't effort be second nature? We will see how this plays out, but I'd almost rather have Sbisa than Trymakin in the expansion if he keeps this silent record up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sedin Brothers said:

According to Willie, Trymakin's game isn't where they want it to be. When you add this in with the fact that he refuses to go to the minors - it leads me to believe that Trymakin is really not a team-player, or at least really only cares about the way his career goes. Willie also said that he was trying "way harder" than last year - which is also troubling. When you finally get into the big leagues, shouldn't effort be second nature? We will see how this plays out, but I'd almost rather have Sbisa than Trymakin in the expansion if he keeps this silent record up.

Not sure but at the time he signed it was one way contract with stipulations in it no AHL.JB was somewhat desperate to improve our depleted D last march.

I have learned to be somewhat circumspect with WD language about players that have not endured themselves to WD.He will add to our blue line depth at some point ,perhaps injurys an road games will allow him to ease into lineup into November.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sedin Brothers said:

According to Willie, Trymakin's game isn't where they want it to be. When you add this in with the fact that he refuses to go to the minors - it leads me to believe that Trymakin is really not a team-player, or at least really only cares about the way his career goes. Willie also said that he was trying "way harder" than last year - which is also troubling. When you finally get into the big leagues, shouldn't effort be second nature? We will see how this plays out, but I'd almost rather have Sbisa than Trymakin in the expansion if he keeps this silent record up.

Attitude seems to be an issue, maybe. 

 

But Tryamkin is still a decent project to take on. Whether he becomes the player that we hope he will become, or he becomes a bust. Well, I have to say it really does depend on Tryamkin. Going to the AHL would be better for his career, being able to work with Green and what not, but if he doesn't want to go down there, then he's sitting a lot, cause he's a depth defenseman with the Canucks at this point. 

I'd be disappointed if he doesn't pan out. But he is a third round pick...maybe the hype on him last season was too much, and we're expecting way more than we should. I dunno...he just seems "off" this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Well, I think Sbisa just gave Tryamkin a bit more of a chance to get into the lineup after tonight. That shift with around 1:30 to go was flat out brutal to watch. So maybe I spoke too soon on his good play...

With the approaching back to backs along with that eastern road trip I think it would be wise to spot Tryamkin in here and there. Whether that's for Sbisa or Larsen remains to be seen, but I think instead of waiting for an injury to happen you can also help prevent injuries by resting players across such a compacted schedule.

 

In fairness to Sbisa, he took a bit of a beating last night. Tends to affect your play/decision making/ability. Wouldn't mind seeing Try sub in against BUF and one of the LAK/ANA games and give Sbisa a few days to heal up some likely bruised bits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

Not sure but at the time he signed it was one way contract with stipulations in it no AHL.JB was somewhat desperate to improve our depleted D last march.

I have learned to be somewhat circumspect with WD language about players that have not endured themselves to WD.He will add to our blue line depth at some point ,perhaps injurys an road games will allow him to ease into lineup into November.

I believe the AHL is an option if Tryamkin OK's it. It is in his contract that he can opt back to the KHL if he does not stay with the Canucks. With the early season success it is easy to pigeon hole players into other scenarios. We all know that the injuries will come. Right now it is hard to see Biega or Tryamkin pushing Larsen or Sbisa out of the line up.

AT some point Tryamkin will play. I find the concern about his 'program' a head scratcher. 'Not ready to play'? If this all comes down to conditioning and weight then I start to question Tryamkin's desire to play and his emotional abilities. Both Tryamkin and Larsen are KHL vets. We can see Larsen growing each game. Larsen was a more successful player in the KHL.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all want to have a big monster on the back end, but Try is a project and is not NHL ready quite yet.  It's unfortunate that he may not agree to go to the AHL, as he needs to be playing games to improve; especially on the smaller NA ice.  Sitting in the press box in Vancouver is going to make his development a slower and frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

We all want to have a big monster on the back end, but Try is a project and is not NHL ready quite yet.  It's unfortunate that he may not agree to go to the AHL, as he needs to be playing games to improve; especially on the smaller NA ice.  Sitting in the press box in Vancouver is going to make his development a slower and frustrating.

And most likely Pedan, who is playing big minutes in the AHL will make Tryamkin expendable.  If Tryamkin wants to play in the  best league in the world, he needs to accept a demotion.  If not, he will be bye bye.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wait till late november when teams toughen up alot more an get gritty on run up to 40 games

.His skill set will be needed in the line up.

 

JB is just managing him to stay under 40 game mark for expansion protection purposes

.

.He is ready for 6th or 7 th D game conditions an will be another surprise he does not need Utica he needs to bide his time learn english an defensive system practice with team is good.

. we already have a project down there in Pedan who is darn near ready now for bottom pairing minutes maybe half season more .

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...