The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Sbisa was horrible last night.  Especially in a game against a big, physical team like the Ducks I don't know why WD didn't play Tryamkin. 

I will admit, the last two games aside, Sbisa has looked much better than previous, and there was no way for WD to know Sbisa was going to stink it up.  Still, I wish he would find games to get Tryamkin into, and this was a prime opportunity.

Edler and Tanev did not play well either.  Most of the players on the team looked pretty tired.  I wouldn't dump it all on Sbisa.

Try will get a chance when the coaching staff deems him ready. 

21 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Edler and Tanev did not play well either.  Most of the players on the team looked pretty tired.  I wouldn't dump it all on Sbisa.

Try will get a chance when the coaching staff deems him ready. 

Yeah the whole team looked pretty beat last night. Forward who were tired were doing a poor job supporting the D and the also tired D looked even worse because of it. They've played a lot of hard hockey in a short time. Hopefully they can recoup a bit today in time for tomorrow's game.

in that translated interview he seemed like he saw the flaws in his game and really wanted to get better. really surprised he doesn't want to go down. its not like he'll be trapped down there forever. he must be itching to play. oh well. 

3 hours ago, austy said:

in that translated interview he seemed like he saw the flaws in his game and really wanted to get better. really surprised he doesn't want to go down. its not like he'll be trapped down there forever. he must be itching to play. oh well. 

he is guuud real guuud

Edited by SaintPatrick33
sorry

11 hours ago, Lui's Knob said:

Tryamkin isn't going to stick around riding pine for much longer. Either bolting to KHL or JB will trade him where he can play. 

Ho-Sang/bailey for tryamkin

or a deal with Boston like Spooner for Tryamkin

Tryamkin isn't going back to Russia. He practices with the Team and probably realizes what he has to do to play. If he isn't there yet and refuses to go to the AHL it must be because he thinks he can get where he has to be in Vancouver. I suspect he does go to Utica for a 5 game stint.

11 hours ago, Lui's Knob said:

Tryamkin isn't going to stick around riding pine for much longer. Either bolting to KHL or JB will trade him where he can play. 

Ho-Sang/bailey for tryamkin

or a deal with Boston like Spooner for Tryamkin

I reallly dont think Tryamkin's trade value is as high as you think it is.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2016 at 0:49 PM, bobbyg43 said:

Just wait till late november when teams toughen up alot more an get gritty on run up to 40 games

.His skill set will be needed in the line up.

JB is just managing him to stay under 40 game mark for expansion protection purposes

.He is ready for 6th or 7 th D game conditions an will be another surprise he does not need Utica he needs to bide his time learn english an defensive system practice with team is good.

. we already have a project down there in Pedan who is darn near ready now for bottom pairing minutes maybe half season more .

What is this rule? If it is for protective reasons maybe they are hoping to not need him right away early in the season.

26 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What is this rule? If it is for protective reasons maybe they are hoping to not need him right away early in the season.

No he is in his 2nd pro season and that makes him exempt.... the 40 games mark for players doesn't make them exempt. It's just a rule that every team must have at least one player that meets that to be exposed. If a player has 3 years of pro hockey they will be exposed no matter how many games they have played.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

No he is in his 2nd pro season and that makes him exempt.... the 40 games mark for players doesn't make them exempt. It's just a rule that every team must have at least one player that meets that to be exposed. If a player has 3 years of pro hockey they will be exposed no matter how many games they have played.

Ok good then he's exempt from the expansion draft. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they are trying to flaunt the AHL process of Stecher going down and already coming back up to play in the NHL? Maybe he will get the idea that heading down for a couple weeks will be beneficial to his game.

If not it is going to be a tough season for the big man, probably only getting ice time when there are 2-3 injuries to the core of our D corps.

Does he get his NHL salary on a conditioning stint or is it the AHL salary that applies? I could see him not wanting to go ride the bus for a check with 1 less zero on it, but if he's being paid the same, he should be taking the opportunity to find his game on the smaller NA rinks. NVM here it is. I don't understand his reluctance. It's not a smart move on his part. I hope it's being explained to him properly, because there's a disconnect there somewhere.

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

• Upvote 1

I am with Tryamkin on this one. As an immigrant many years ago, if i came over to Canada with a contract with a Canadian employer, i am not going to budge from the letter of the agreement in the very first year. Yes, it is Tryamkin's choice to go to the AHL at this moment, but conditioning stint or not, there is no guarantee the Canucks will bring him back up. He could just rot in AHL for the next year for all we know.There is no reason for Tryamkin to 'trust the management on this one' and the onus is on the management to build trust with him before they ask him to do something against his contract and be protected by their 'word' on the deal. 

Especially coming from a place like Russia, where employers routinely flaunt the contract agreement & exert pressure on their employee, I can totally understand where Tryamkin is coming from.

Especially since he is 1 injury away from cracking the lineup (he is the 4th guy on our depth chart in Left Handed defence pairing). 

If Tryamkin is smart, he'd realize that atleast 50% of the NHL clubs hand over 80 games to defenders outside their top-six, due to injury & form failing through the course of a season and sit put for his chance. I know thats exactly what i'd do.

On 8/1/2016 at 2:26 PM, Honky Cat said:

I think that Nikita would have served himself a bigger favour by staying in Vancouver this summer ..IMO...Its a pretty critical time for him,and you would have to think its pretty hard to monitor a players progress when he's 10 time zones away.

Anyway,guess we will know one way or the the other.. 6 weeks from now.

I really had my doubts about his training in Russia...It was a mistake...Wherever he plays out the rest of this season (KHL or NHL),I hope he has the common sense to spend next summer working out here under the supervision of the Canuck trainers.

6 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Does he get his NHL salary on a conditioning stint or is it the AHL salary that applies? I could see him not wanting to go ride the bus for a check with 1 less zero on it, but if he's being paid the same, he should be taking the opportunity to find his game on the smaller NA rinks. NVM here it is. I don't understand his reluctance. It's not a smart move on his part. I hope it's being explained to him properly, because there's a disconnect there somewhere.

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

Not doubting you per se but that references reentry waivers, which no longer exist. Is that from an old CBA?