The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Corrado doesn't have any bargaining power and didn't sign a conditional deal that said he wouldn't go to the AHL either. I do think it's misguided of him, but I watched the Comets game today and I gotta say that I'm not sure how many good habits he could learn there. The play is slow, scrambly and players are out of position all over the ice.

Why not dress 7 defensemen and at least see how out of shape he is? There are enough workhorses on this team that could fill in for a missing forward. Did he really look completely out of shape in the pre-season? Those were games that he played in right? His speed might have been lacking on the backcheck a couple times and maybe you could attribute that to his wind, but he is a true giant. He may never have the stamina to be a #1 D-man.

For now it's workout, practice and skate hard everyday. Eventually he will be ready to play.

Didn't Ferraro say there is no way to sharpen to game speed other than actually playing? 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn't Ferraro say there is no way to sharpen to game speed other than actually playing? 

I fully agree. That's why I'd play him now and why he should have played against either LA or Anaheim. I guarantee when he gets out there and starts playing he's going to be able to play his way into game shape. People are going to be scratching their heads saying why the hell did it take so long, he doesn't look that bad. Just dress 7 D-men. Are you telling me the other forwards couldn't play those 7 minutes that WD is giving Virtanen?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I fully agree. That's why I'd play him now and why he should have played against either LA or Anaheim. I guarantee when he gets out there and starts playing he's going to be able to play his way into game shape. People are going to be scratching their heads saying why the hell did it take so long, he doesn't look that bad. Just dress 7 D-men. Are you telling me the other forwards couldn't play those 7 minutes that WD is giving Virtanen?

Why not simply sit Sbisa for a game and play Tryamkin.

Do you think this would  reduce our chances of winning the Stanley Cup this year....   

LOL - our club is going to finish 25th -30th   regardless of whether Sbisa or Tryamkin draws into the lineup.

We need a coaching  / management team that is committed to development of our prospects.

If  Willie isn't up to the job -  lets gets rid of him. 

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

People are worrying far too much about the "Tryamkin situation" IMO. It is what it is. 

He'll get in to shape. We'll have injuries.

Problem is..is that you cannot just go from practice,straight into an NHL game.......He hasn't played a game in weeks....He could get exposed badly.

11 hours ago, J.R. said:

That's really the issue IMO. Not sure if it's a communication issue or what though. Really, his agent etc need to get through to him on that point. He's either getting bad advice or advice isn't being communicated to him clearly/he's misunderstanding it.

He doesn't want to leave his Girlfriend..

Of course there's a lot more to it, and I'll chalk that up as common knowledge at this point.

Edited by Western Red

I have to admit I am mightily impressed by the handling of this situation by the Canucks. 

Its like (for different reasons) when they dealt with Kassian. It's discreet. They did not call him out publically. Nor was he gifted free time on ice. In fact his ass is stapled to the power bike behind the press box. They have just dealt with it accountably & professionally.

Yet it was equally offset by the fact they know we can really use / need Tryamkin.  All avenues to get him in shape & ice time, including requesting a conditioning stint. Wile still retaining his rights have been taken on. Even offering him on loan back to the KHL. As per Friedman, even the player & his agent are appreciative of the handling.  

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

WTH is that common sense? Stop that stuff it's making my eyes cross.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Problem is..is that you cannot just go from practice,straight into an NHL game.......He hasn't played a game in weeks....He could get exposed badly.

Is it ideal? No. 

But other guys have done it before. The coaching staff (and team mates) will likely have to shelter him a bit for his first couple games and after that ...fly little birdy, fly.

10 hours ago, Western Red said:

He doesn't want to leave his Girlfriend..

Of course there's a lot more to it, and I'll chalk that up as common knowledge at this point.

Pretty sure he could afford to fly his GF out to NY for a couple weeks and put her up in a nice hotel.

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have to admit I am mightily impressed by the handling of this situation by the Canucks. 

Its like (for different reasons) when they dealt with Kassian. It's discreet. They did not call him out publically. Nor was he gifted free time on ice. In fact his ass is stapled to the power bike behind the press box. They have just dealt with it accountably & professionally.

Yet it was equally offset by the fact they know we can really use / need Tryamkin.  All avenues to get him in shape & ice time, including requesting a conditioning stint. Wile still retaining his rights have been taken on. Even offering him on loan back to the KHL. As per Friedman, even the player & his agent are appreciative of the handling.  

Exactly. The only negativity is coming from local turds who write blogs to stir up shizzle.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why not simply sit Sbisa for a game and play Tryamkin.

Do you think this would  reduce our chances of winning the Stanley Cup this year....   

LOL - our club is going to finish 25th -30th   regardless of whether Sbisa or Tryamkin draws into the lineup.

We need a coaching  / management team that is committed to development of our prospects.

If  Willie isn't up to the job -  lets gets rid of him. 

You don't just play a guy that admitadley showed up to camp out of shape.  What kind of message does that send to the others?  He will play when he's in shape, not before then.   3% body fat loss is a lot already, hopefully he is close and has learned from this.  And I've been an open supporter of his since arriving, but I support doing things the right any more. 

3 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

You don't just play a guy that admitadley showed up to camp out of shape.  What kind of message does that send to the others?  He will play when he's in shape, not before then.   3% body fat loss is a lot already, hopefully he is close and has learned from this.  And I've been an open supporter of his since arriving, but I support doing things the right any more. 

Don't disagree. Young kid screwed up. Lets help him get back on track ASAP.

Want to see him develop this year while playing regularly for the Canucks.

Not a fan of weak undersized D men that can't handle work in their own end.

Want to see Tryamkin getting minutes as soon as coaches feel he is up to it.  Even 10 minutes a game would be a start for his first game back in. 

50 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Don't disagree. Young kid screwed up. Lets help him get back on track ASAP.

Want to see him develop this year while playing regularly for the Canucks.

Not a fan of weak undersized D men that can't handle work in their own end.

Want to see Tryamkin getting minutes as soon as coaches feel he is up to it.  Even 10 minutes a game would be a start for his first game back in. 

Kind of makes me wonder if the fitness expectations in the KHL are as high as the NHL.  Maybe Tram get's a bit of a pass on all of this. 

Looks likes he's getting there soon, anyways.

20 hours ago, Jam126 said:

The reason I think Virt  is playing on the team and not in Utica is because Rodin is injured and he needs to fill his spot. I'd like Virt to go to the AHL when Rodin is back.

No he needs to stay and play and everything will work out for him and the team,Willie needs to learn to coach and what Jake said would frustrate and team

Trymakin same thing he needs to play more or we need a new coach plane and simple

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Stecher may play against the speedy Oilers but I would like to see Tryamkin get in OV's grill on Saturday night.  <_<

I want to see Tryamkin give Lucic a hard "That's what you get for not signing with the Canucks" check.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic