The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, samurai said:

Bingo,  no clue why we got Skilles and Larsen in the line up. Nikita should be playing right now. And young guys in the A should be up where Skilles slots in.  Most Nuck fans know what is going on around the league and that we are one of the worst teams for sure.  In fact I would say more like 28th-30th is where we will fall.    The games have mostly been boring to watch because we spend most of the game chasing.  

#FreeTREE 

#FreeVirtanen

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

@SilentSam Moved the Tryamkin talk over here ;)

I'm not sure about your take on his conditioning. He didn't look up to speed in pre-season and has sat now for what, a month? Training programs alone might be good enough to get someone a spot on the ice, but the only thing that gets players up to real speed is playing actual games. To me it's 2 very different levels of conditioning, especially for someone not familiar with the NHL game, like Tryamkin. 

I'm optimistic for him to succeed, but don't expect it to happen right away. Like you said, he needs to be able to make mistakes in order to learn. I wonder what he's learned about his experience thus far, and if he's resolved to double his efforts, or simply cruise through. His wish to eclipse Chara are exciting, but 1 step at a time here. 

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Tryamkin liked the final result of the Caps game on instagram. 

IMG-0218.JPG

He might of undid it by now though.

If you pay attention to his insta often, you'll see he "likes" basically everything. Literally dozens of posts. Especially if they are even tangentially related to Russia or Russian players. I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

If you pay attention to his insta often, you'll see he "likes" basically everything. Literally dozens of posts. Especially if they are even tangentially related to Russia or Russian players. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I see.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I see.

Checking right now, he also liked Voracek's penalty shot, Dubnyk's third shutout, and the Habs beating the Leafs (can't argue with that last one, tbh :lol:).

I wonder if he (and other players) are allowed to go on social media during the game when they're in the press box? I remember reading once that Granny was doing that when injured on the Flames.

Sitting maybe only a function of JB only dressing him less than 40 games ,RE: expansion draft protection hence the charade of excuses being coached an verbalized by Willie to media an fans.

I know the kid is serious about being a regular contribing 1/23 of the roster on this team this year.

he is NHL ready to contribute for his team.

tryamkin-hits.gif

@bobbyg43Sitting maybe only a function of JB only dressing him less than 40 games ,RE: expansion draft protection hence the charade of excuses being coached an verbalized by Willie to media an fans.

I know the kid is serious about being a regular contribing 1/23 of the roster on this team this year.

Is there a max number of games he can play this season in order to make him ineligible for the ex draft?

Edited by Hairy Kneel

On 10/28/2016 at 1:54 PM, Alflives said:

Larsen is the reason why we can trade Tanev, no?

LOL. 

I hope you weren't serious with this statement. 

Have you even seen Larsen play, Alf? He's not good at all defensively. One dimensional player. Depth player at best. 

Tryamkin, given minutes and an opportunity will pass Larsen, if he hasn't already skill-wise. 

Tryamkin slots in where Larsen was, at 22 years of age, while Larsen is a depth guy at best at 26. You tell me who's the better player. Just sayin'....

I haven't been following hockey all that long, but Tanev being expendable because of Larsen has to be one of the weirdest comments coming from you...:mellow::huh:

No, no, no, no - four no's. that's even, and that means....well....no :P:lol:

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

@bobbyg43Sitting maybe only a function of JB only dressing him less than 40 games ,RE: expansion draft protection hence the charade of excuses being coached an verbalized by Willie to media an fans.

Is there a max number of games he can play this season in order to make him ineligible for the ex draft?

This is a good question. Not sure. But if they expose Tryamkin to the expansion draft, this management team - well - I got questions...

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

LOL. 

I hope you weren't serious with this statement. 

Have you even seen Larsen play, Alf? He's not good at all defensively. One dimensional player. Depth player at best. 

Tryamkin, given minutes and an opportunity will pass Larsen, if he hasn't already skill-wise. 

Tryamkin slots in where Larsen was, at 22 years of age, while Larsen is a depth guy at best at 26. You tell me who's the better player. Just sayin'....

I haven't been following hockey all that long, but Tanev being expendable because of Larsen has to be one of the weirdest comments coming from you...:mellow::huh:

No, no, no, no - four no's. that's even, and that means....well....no :P:lol:

:lol: are you sure it's a NO? :lol:

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

55 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

This is a good question. Not sure. But if they expose Tryamkin to the expansion draft, this management team - well - I got questions...

No need to worry, Tryamkin is ineligible (ie. don't have to use a spot to protect him)

Source: 

Spoiler

"All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection"

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

"Only players with more than two years of professional experience — NHL or AHL as defined in the collective bargaining agreement — will be included in the draft."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-teams-receiving-information-potential-expansion-draft/

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

No need to worry, Tryamkin is ineligible (ie. don't have to use a spot to protect him)

Source: 

Hide contents

"All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection"

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

"Only players with more than two years of professional experience — NHL or AHL as defined in the collective bargaining agreement — will be included in the draft."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-teams-receiving-information-potential-expansion-draft/

Thanks Nucks!

13 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

I'd rather see Tryamkin and Stetcher than Sbisa and Larsen. It's a tough spot for Willie, but he just has to keep shuffling until he finds something that works. 

Our future looks bright,. It's us fans that need to have patience.

Our future  Defence has amazing potential, although still a bit wet, from what I've seen of Gudbranson,Hutton, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Pedan, Jolevi, and Brisebois.. a fresh, multi tasking and assigned Defence is not too far away.

.. but yes, a Stetcher Tryamkin pairing would be fun to watch.

41 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Our future looks bright,. It's us fans that need to have patience.

Our future  Defence has amazing potential, although still a bit wet, from what I've seen of Gudbranson,Hutton, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Pedan, Jolevi, and Brisebois.. a fresh, multi tasking and assigned Defence is not too far away.

.. but yes, a Stetcher Tryamkin pairing would be fun to watch.

Did you trade Tanev for Sam Reinhart? B)