The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did you trade Tanev for Sam Reinhart? B)

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did you trade Tanev for Sam Reinhart? B)

In 2 years I can't see Edler or Tanev with us.. this past year we have lost many man-days to Edler and Tanev. Both seem susceptible to injury now, they may be our first line D, but they are the first targeted by power forwards now,. Their high TOI doesn't help matters,. mistakes are made playing past the 20mins they both easily consume night after night.

Just my opinion, but I would be looking to move Tanev in a package for E. Kane.

We need a power forward who can game change for the next 3-4 years.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

In 2 years I can't see Edler or Tanev with us.. this past year we have lost many man-days to Edler and Tanev. Both seem susceptible to injury now, they may be our first line D, but they are the first targeted by power forwards now,. Their high TOI doesn't help matters,. mistakes are made playing past the 20mins they both easily consume night after night.

Maybe Tanev straight up for E. Kane is something that's doable.  Before that happens though, the Canucks/Sabres would need to rebuild Kane's reputation I think, or the fan-base here might rebel.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Yes I can see Tanev being moved. You have wanted Kane for some time but NO! I won't go into my reasons again. There is no room for error if Tanev is moved. I actually prefer a high draft pick and a prospect if possible.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Tanev straight up for E. Kane is something that's doable.  Before that happens though, the Canucks/Sabres would need to rebuild Kane's reputation I think, or the fan-base here might rebel.

Kanes not being charged criminally with the latest bar thing, and his other troubles are in civil not criminal court. Hows that for pumping a guys tires :P

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Over payment for Kane. We can do better IMO. 

56 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes I can see Tanev being moved. You have wanted Kane for some time but NO! I won't go into my reasons again. There is no room for error if Tanev is moved. I actually prefer a high draft pick and a prospect if possible.  

44 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Over payment for Kane. We can do better IMO. 

Our capspace at roughly 325k

makes it tough to acquire anyone without giving up something legit anyways.

Miller off the books at season end 6m, but we have to re-sign Gudbranson.

Hopefully the likes of Miller, Edler (ntc) and Tanev can find a good playoff team next spring ;) 

It looks like Kane's court case is getting thrown out, was an article on SN that I was trying link here,. Judge basically told Kane to grow up.

edit:.  

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/new-york-judge-dismiss-charges-sabres-kane/

Edited by SilentSam

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hopefully the likes of Miller, Edler (ntc) and Tanev can find a good playoff team next spring ;) 

It looks like Kane's court case is getting thrown out, was an article on SN that I was trying link here,. Judge basically told Kane to grow up.

You are glossing over the reality of this guy. Character is a big deal on teams and this guy simply does not have it. On a rebuilding team that is 4 - 5 years away from serious contention guys like Kane can easily poison the process. The Canucks are simply not deep enough to take a gamble on Kane. There, you got me started again.

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You are glossing over the reality of this guy. Character is a big deal on teams and this guy simply does not have it. On a rebuilding team that is 4 - 5 years away from serious contention guys like Kane can easily poison the process. The Canucks are simply not deep enough to take a gamble on Kane. There, you got me started again.

Sam Reinhart?  Cost?

Kane? Cost?

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers but Cap Friendly has us sitting at $952,013 today and that's with a bunch of guys on IR and call ups eating additional space.

Besides, I'm not talking about taking on a high priced guy. IMO we'd make a move for a prospect/ELC NHL'er. And realistically neither guy are likely to be moved until closer to the TDL at the earliest and more likely the summer ahead of the draft. If at all. Edler might not be until the 2019 TDL.

And our TDL cap space is currently projected to be $3,784,253 FWIW. And that';s without moving any expiring vets at the TDL like Miller, Burr etc.

As for Kane, I'd be happy to take him on at a reasonable cost but that's way less than Tanev IMO. Too much risk with him and frankly we've got a younger, cheaper, albeit undeveloped version of him already in Virtanen. And he's without all the douchey/borderline criminal behaviour baggage.

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers but Cap Friendly has us sitting at $952,013 today and that's with a bunch of guys on IR and call ups eating additional space.

Besides, I'm not talking about taking on a high priced guy. IMO we'd make a move for a prospect/ELC NHL'er. And realistically neither guy are likely to be moved until closer to the TDL at the earliest and more likely the summer ahead of the draft. If at all. Edler might not be until the 2019 TDL.

And our TDL cap space is currently projected to be $3,784,253 FWIW. And that';s without moving any expiring vets at the TDL like Miller, Burr etc.

As for Kane, I'd be happy to take him on at a reasonable cost but that's way less than Tanev IMO. Too much risk with him and frankly we've got a younger, cheaper, albeit undeveloped version of him already in Virtanen. And he's without all the douchey/borderline criminal behaviour baggage.

E. Kane is a scum bucket, but I really think he would cost Tanev.  Buffalo gave up Myers to get him, so they might want to cut their losses with another D.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hi JR,.  I forget where I got my numbers from but it was from one of the cap sites.

i agree that Kaneis high risk, I agree that Tanev is worth a bit more, but here's my oversight..

Perhaps the Sabres absorb some of that contract because of the risk and the fact that Tanev's salary is less than Kane's.

(I think that is a legitimate deal discussion).

Tanev,  apparently looks great to other teams nation-wide, but on this club I see him getting nailed hard every game, and a target for opponents because they can wear him out by the 3rd p.

.. and we joke about Spisa's Pizza,.  When on the corner Tanev has his own late night Take Out and Delivery ;)

Really though, I think Chris deserves a Team like Montreal. . His game would excel there.

But I wonder who in return.

As far as Kane goes, I think he has hit the wall and wants to grow up now.. I think he has something to prove... and NOT to sound racist at all,. But he has the potential to be the most prominent Black Athlete the NHL has ever seen.

I have to support these young men who have had there woes in professional sports.. they have been void of real relationships in there adolescence, they leave home at 14yrs and trained to be adults at 15-16 yrs old.

Life can be confusing.

I see Kane on the same personal level as I do Kassian,. There is something to prove now.

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sorry Boudrias, but by all accounting rumours.. Landeskog and Kane might be the only power forwards at a decent age that might warrant a trade conversation with teams.

.. and ones looking for a potentially solid D man.

I see it as Tanev & our 2nd round pick (via CBJ).  For Landeskog or Kane.

I see Buffalo absorbing some of Kane's Cap hit for this risk.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sorry Boudrias, but by all accounting rumours.. Landeskog and Kane might be the only power forwards at a decent age that might warrant a trade conversation with teams.

.. and ones looking for a potentially solid D man.

I see it as Tanev & our 2nd round pick (via CBJ).  For Landeskog or Kane.

I see Buffalo absorbing some of Kane's Cap hit for this risk.

I'd be hesitant to offer BUF Sbisa and our 2nd for Kane let alone Tanev.

28 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

no Sbisa- Larsen both in as well as Tanev. 

Jeeeezusss... if he isn't in for one the back to back games, management should seriously question WD.

thanks for the reply NBH!

Edited by SilentSam

The Team is doing great !  why change a good thing. 

Oh wait. This teams losing and is on a losing streak. lets waste and sit in the press box not developing a Young Dman that has promise. Makes huge sense for The mentally challenged Canuck management. 

• Upvote 1