The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Sending a cold Tryamkin out there against the best team in the league who is also VERY fast was not going to get us a W in this game guys....

But with that mentality, they'll never send the kid in.

Against good team -> not fair for Tryamkim go up against a top tier team

Against average team -> the Canucks will be battling them for playoff spot, so too important to risk sending in Tryamkin

Against poor team -> the team really need to capitalize on an easy two-pointer, can't risk using Tryamkin

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

But with that mentality, they'll never send the kid in.

Against good team -> not fair for Tryamkim go up against a top tier team

Against average team -> the Canucks will be battling them for playoff spot, so too important to risk sending in Tryamkin

Against poor team -> the team really need to capitalize on an easy two-pointer, can't risk using Tryamkin

If his conditioning was up to par, they probably would have loved to put him in vs LAK and/or ANA. It wasn't. 

Now that it apparently is, he'll likely only see time with an injury to Sbisa or Gudbranson or against bigger teams where he'd be more beneficial. My guess is they've got him penciled in against NYR on Tues. which is also the 2nd of a back to back. So he'll be able to fill in for some tired legs and help out against a larger team.

Edited by J.R.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

If his conditioning was up to par, they probably would have loved to put him in vs LAK and/or ANA. It wasn't. 

Now that it apparently is, he'll likely only see time with an injury to Sbisa or Gudbranson or against bigger teams where he'd be more beneficial. My guess is they've got him penciled in against NYR on Tues. which is also the 2nd of a back to back. So he'll be able to fill in for some tired legs and help out against a larger team.

You're likely right. To bad that he did not get in earlier but it appears that coaching has set some goals for Tryamkin and he has met the challenge. Also appreciate that his disagreement with the move down to Utica never got the personal input that Jake's complaining did.

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Played good.  I think we might have something with Tryamkin, he definitely has a lot to work on especially his conditioning, he was still getting gassed out there but he was physical all night which was great to see.  I thought Sbisa played one of his better games tonight as well.  Coincidence? 

Good to hear, thanks. 

Some of my highlights from last year were him tossing guys around...ability to physically dominate that I've never seen in a Canucks uniform before. It will be interesting see what he can do once he gets that cardio straightened out

27 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Played good.  I think we might have something with Tryamkin, he definitely has a lot to work on especially his conditioning, he was still getting gassed out there but he was physical all night which was great to see.  I thought Sbisa played one of his better games tonight as well.  Coincidence? 

He failed to connect on several low % passes in his own zone that resulted in a few poor turnovers. Having said that, he wasn't the only dman to fall victim to that, Edler made some absolutely pitiful plays. Tryamkin is young though and as you put it, has a lot to work on. I'm willing to be patient with him for quite a while as long as there are general signs of improvement over the next few years. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah he's not much of a puck mover, that is obvious.  He often just rims it around the boards or flips it out to center but if he can be physical around our net it's a win for us.  I also noticed some of his turnovers were at the end of his shifts, his poor conditioning effects him physically and mentally. 

I'd prefer the ring around or flip to some of the lazy passes I saw today, at least the turnover is well away from your own zone and a change can happen. His physicality is very much welcomed, but he certainly needs to be in game shape. It's a shame he didn't take the conditioning stint when asked. 

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

He failed to connect on several low % passes in his own zone that resulted in a few poor turnovers. Having said that, he wasn't the only dman to fall victim to that, Edler made some absolutely pitiful plays. Tryamkin is young though and as you put it, has a lot to work on. I'm willing to be patient with him for quite a while as long as there are general signs of improvement over the next few years. 

There's no excuse for him not to come to camp in shape. If he has poor conditioning next year, then I have serious questions about his character and willingness to put in the work to get better. Being big is one thing, but if you don't have the work ethic to go with it, then big for nothing. Tryamkin isn't the second coming of Chara. They have size in common, but let's see if Tryamkin can excel where Chara has excelled. I'd be willing to be patient with him as well. But if he's not improving, cut him loose and allow him to be someone else's project. 

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah he's not much of a puck mover, that is obvious.  He often just rims it around the boards or flips it out to center but if he can be physical around our net it's a win for us.  I also noticed some of his turnovers were at the end of his shifts, his poor conditioning effects him physically and mentally. 

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

I'd prefer the ring around or flip to some of the lazy passes I saw today, at least the turnover is well away from your own zone and a change can happen. His physicality is very much welcomed, but he certainly needs to be in game shape. It's a shame he didn't take the conditioning stint when asked. 

^ see above

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

By the way. How did Tryamkin play tonight? Thoughts? Insights?