The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

There's no excuse for him not to come to camp in shape. If he has poor conditioning next year, then I have serious questions about his character and willingness to put in the work to get better. Being big is one thing, but if you don't have the work ethic to go with it, then big for nothing. Tryamkin isn't the second coming of Chara. They have size in common, but let's see if Tryamkin can excel where Chara has excelled. I'd be willing to be patient with him as well. But if he's not improving, cut him loose and allow him to be someone else's project. 

I thought Tryamkin had a really decent first game. Had some rough spots but he brought a physicality and contrary to other fans I thought he made some decent passes under pressure. Without doubt this kid has potential. Play him! Sbisa had another good game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I thought Tryamkin had a really decent first game. Had some rough spots but he brought a physicality and contrary to other fans I thought he made some decent passes under pressure. Without doubt this kid has potential. Play him! Sbisa had another good game.

hopefully his conditioning gets better over time. 

Kid looked okay for his first game. Obviously he's not quite up to speed yet, but looked better than he did in pre-season.

So sure to say, whatever program they had for him is working, and I think he will continue to be on the program until at least half a season? He knew he came in not meeting management's requirements, and he didn't complain and listened, and worked hard.

From this, Tryamkin will learn what to expect for next season, and I think he will commit to off season training here in Vancouver this summer.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

JB clearly said he thought Tryamkin play a real good game.  I hope Tryamkin fights and forces his way into 20+ minutes each night.

Well he knows now that when you can hit like he can your going to become a target for fighting.

On 11/4/2016 at 11:43 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Our best hitter last night.

it's the first time in a while where we've seem some collective hitting from the whole team. There should be a rub out stat. Tryampkin erases his opponents along the boards. There're not aloud past a clean and painful rub out. 

The fight was hilarious too,( previous game),wasn't a great fight at all, but what did the Sen's tough guy accomplish. Couldn't even really reach Tryampkin, got backed into the boards, tussle  over. Futile , Tryamkin thinks. In reality by now hes figured out that he can physically dominate on a smaller ice surface in this league.The kids believes in himself, it shows. 

• Upvote 1

Other than Hansen, I thought he was the best Canuck on Saturday. He went from 14:17 TOI to 20:02 TOI in his 2nd game. At least it didn't take too many games to launch our secret weapon. With Edler and Tanev out and Hutton struggling, it will be interesting to see how Willie deploys his defensive pairings. It could well turn out that Tryamkin and Stetcher become our top pair next game. That's quite the turnaround from a couple weeks ago when the coaches thought he was unable to even skate for a whole game.

4 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Other than Hansen, I thought he was the best Canuck on Saturday. He went from 14:17 TOI to 20:02 TOI in his 2nd game. At least it didn't take too many games to launch our secret weapon. With Edler and Tanev out and Hutton struggling, it will be interesting to see how Willie deploys his defensive pairings. It could well turn out that Tryamkin and Stetcher become our top pair next game. That's quite the turnaround from a couple weeks ago when the coaches thought he was unable to even skate for a whole game.

Are you suggesting the coaches were not monitoring his progress to get him to the point where he could play? I am not suggesting that he did not show well but not solid. He was drifting all over the ice in TO. Thought his game against the Sens was better. My take on how he has been handled to date is positive. Get in shape and you can play. Tried to send him to Utica for conditioning and he refused. That could be because he saw more value in the gym and ice practice.

If Tryamkin can play 6D regularly his season will be a success. I like the idea of a Tryamkin-Sbisa pairing right now. If Edler is back pair him with Stecher and drop Hutton-EG back to the 2nd pairing. I wanted to see Larsen with 40 games but he will have to do better to stay. Stecher will have to go back to Utica. The goal tending and the Van d-core are the positives out of this season to date.

The forward group are struggling. Hansen is now on IR. Without doubt the best Canuck skater season to date. The Twins are not leading this group and there is legit questions whether their approach to the game should dominate the direction of how this team plays the game. Their style of game has dominated their team mates approach to the game for years. Legit Hall of Famers but their time in Van is winding down. Sutter-Horvat-Erickson-Hanson have to provide alternative leadership to lighten the load on the Twins.

• Upvote 1

On 2016-11-04 at 0:45 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Wow the boy can hit Lol

Gud's been teaching him well. That in todays NHL you have to fight upon a good hit, mandatory it seems.

Turris will not be forgetting Try anytime soon.

That slap shot though would love to see more of it. Looks heavy.

.. I would like to see him work on his edge and mean streak next Hairy,. Like Chara, it will give him more room for every aspect of his game.. Somebody please send Nik this Vid ..

51 minutes ago, derr12 said:

yeah, maybe he could hold off on learning from this video tho. we cant afford that many boarding penalties.

If this ship is still sinking by the end of the month,. Does it really matter?

Edited by SilentSam