Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Drouin

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

 

Played good.  I think we might have something with Tryamkin, he definitely has a lot to work on especially his conditioning, he was still getting gassed out there but he was physical all night which was great to see.  I thought Sbisa played one of his better games tonight as well.  Coincidence? 

He failed to connect on several low % passes in his own zone that resulted in a few poor turnovers. Having said that, he wasn't the only dman to fall victim to that, Edler made some absolutely pitiful plays. Tryamkin is young though and as you put it, has a lot to work on. I'm willing to be patient with him for quite a while as long as there are general signs of improvement over the next few years. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

 

Yeah he's not much of a puck mover, that is obvious.  He often just rims it around the boards or flips it out to center but if he can be physical around our net it's a win for us.  I also noticed some of his turnovers were at the end of his shifts, his poor conditioning effects him physically and mentally. 

I'd prefer the ring around or flip to some of the lazy passes I saw today, at least the turnover is well away from your own zone and a change can happen. His physicality is very much welcomed, but he certainly needs to be in game shape. It's a shame he didn't take the conditioning stint when asked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

He failed to connect on several low % passes in his own zone that resulted in a few poor turnovers. Having said that, he wasn't the only dman to fall victim to that, Edler made some absolutely pitiful plays. Tryamkin is young though and as you put it, has a lot to work on. I'm willing to be patient with him for quite a while as long as there are general signs of improvement over the next few years. 

There's no excuse for him not to come to camp in shape. If he has poor conditioning next year, then I have serious questions about his character and willingness to put in the work to get better. Being big is one thing, but if you don't have the work ethic to go with it, then big for nothing. Tryamkin isn't the second coming of Chara. They have size in common, but let's see if Tryamkin can excel where Chara has excelled. I'd be willing to be patient with him as well. But if he's not improving, cut him loose and allow him to be someone else's project. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

 

Played good.  I think we might have something with Tryamkin, he definitely has a lot to work on especially his conditioning, he was still getting gassed out there but he was physical all night which was great to see.  I thought Sbisa played one of his better games tonight as well.  Coincidence? 

 

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

He failed to connect on several low % passes in his own zone that resulted in a few poor turnovers. Having said that, he wasn't the only dman to fall victim to that, Edler made some absolutely pitiful plays. Tryamkin is young though and as you put it, has a lot to work on. I'm willing to be patient with him for quite a while as long as there are general signs of improvement over the next few years. 

 

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

 

Yeah he's not much of a puck mover, that is obvious.  He often just rims it around the boards or flips it out to center but if he can be physical around our net it's a win for us.  I also noticed some of his turnovers were at the end of his shifts, his poor conditioning effects him physically and mentally. 

 

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

I'd prefer the ring around or flip to some of the lazy passes I saw today, at least the turnover is well away from your own zone and a change can happen. His physicality is very much welcomed, but he certainly needs to be in game shape. It's a shame he didn't take the conditioning stint when asked. 

 

 

 

^ see above

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

By the way. How did Tryamkin play tonight? Thoughts? Insights? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

There's no excuse for him not to come to camp in shape. If he has poor conditioning next year, then I have serious questions about his character and willingness to put in the work to get better. Being big is one thing, but if you don't have the work ethic to go with it, then big for nothing. Tryamkin isn't the second coming of Chara. They have size in common, but let's see if Tryamkin can excel where Chara has excelled. I'd be willing to be patient with him as well. But if he's not improving, cut him loose and allow him to be someone else's project. 

 

I thought Tryamkin had a really decent first game. Had some rough spots but he brought a physicality and contrary to other fans I thought he made some decent passes under pressure. Without doubt this kid has potential. Play him! Sbisa had another good game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I thought Tryamkin had a really decent first game. Had some rough spots but he brought a physicality and contrary to other fans I thought he made some decent passes under pressure. Without doubt this kid has potential. Play him! Sbisa had another good game.

hopefully his conditioning gets better over time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid looked okay for his first game. Obviously he's not quite up to speed yet, but looked better than he did in pre-season.

So sure to say, whatever program they had for him is working, and I think he will continue to be on the program until at least half a season? He knew he came in not meeting management's requirements, and he didn't complain and listened, and worked hard.

 

From this, Tryamkin will learn what to expect for next season, and I think he will commit to off season training here in Vancouver this summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2016 at 11:43 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Our best hitter last night.

 it's the first time in a while where we've seem some collective hitting from the whole team. There should be a rub out stat. Tryampkin erases his opponents along the boards. There're not aloud past a clean and painful rub out. 

The fight was hilarious too,( previous game),wasn't a great fight at all, but what did the Sen's tough guy accomplish. Couldn't even really reach Tryampkin, got backed into the boards, tussle  over. Futile , Tryamkin thinks. In reality by now hes figured out that he can physically dominate on a smaller ice surface in this league.The kids believes in himself, it shows. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...