The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hopefully they spend time with him to find the optimum stick with manufactures (Edler should too!).

Apparently Chara's twig is an incredible sight..  the thickness of the shaft is almost twice that of others to fit his hands.

Im sure this is the same with Nik.

.. Gonna love watching Nik come into his prime,. Starting to see that twinkle of a mean streak in his eye.

Keep it up Nik!

Yes I've been wanting all the pk'ers to use thicker sticks. It really sucks to be a man down and THEN a stick breaks! like wtf!

Plus Edler has a penchant for breaking his sticks when he's really trying to smack one. Tryamkin we actually haven't had a chance to see him shoot much at all. I hope Lidster or WD give him the green light and our forwards better get the hell outta the way Lol

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes I've been wanting all the pk'ers to use thicker sticks. It really sucks to be a man down and THEN a stick breaks! like wtf!

Plus Edler has a penchant for breaking his sticks when he's really trying to smack one. Tryamkin we actually haven't had a chance to see him shoot much at all. I hope Lidster or WD give him the green light and our forwards better get the hell outta the way Lol

I remember two of his shots that were blocked, the player who blocked it got injured haha so it seems like there's some power in it

• Upvote 1

Two good hits one took a guy out of the game (clean hit) another look like it winded the baby bertuzzi.

Another play I liked was his close on Abdelkator just posters him against the glass shunting the play the opposite way and we retrieve the puck to clear.

I love love love how he clears the crease this time it was Ott who was unceremoniously shoved away in no uncertain terms.

You can actually hear their skates grating against the ice as they are moved back.

ps because our PP is so shoddy nowadays we should try Try on the 2nd unit to get a better gander at that knucklepuck he swings.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Two good hits one took a guy out of the game (clean hit) another look like it winded the baby bertuzzi.

Another play I liked was his close on Abdelkator just posters him against the glass shunting the play the opposite way and we retrieve the puck to clear.

I love love love how he clears the crease this time it was Ott who was unceremoniously shoved away in no uncertain terms.

You can actually hear their skates grating against the ice as they are moved back.

ps because our PP is so shoddy nowadays we should try Try on the 2nd unit to get a better gander at that knucklepuck he swings.

He looks more settled every game. He actually dropped into the ozone a couple of times last night. The entire d-core is looking better each game. Hutton was dangerous last night. Stecher 6 shots. I am more confident that this group has potential for a CUP contender. The weakest aspect is the offense.

Just now, Boudrias said:

He looks more settled every game. He actually dropped into the ozone a couple of times last night. The entire d-core is looking better each game. Hutton was dangerous last night. Stecher 6 shots. I am more confident that this group has potential for a CUP contender. The weakest aspect is the offense.

Yes he does lookbetter and more relaxed. Man I loved Ott's face trying to be mean mugging looking up as he's being displaced.

He also looks like a watchdog in the crease area..something I'm sure Lidster would fill him in on. I also notice the offense seems to drift away from his area to avoid his stick and body checking.

Man but I'd like to see that cannon on a PP full out. 

43 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes he does lookbetter and more relaxed. Man I loved Ott's face trying to be mean mugging looking up as he's being displaced.

He also looks like a watchdog in the crease area..something I'm sure Lidster would fill him in on. I also notice the offense seems to drift away from his area to avoid his stick and body checking.

I truly believe the offense in Tryamkin's game will come as he perfects the defense side.  It may take a couple of years, we just have to be patient.

Detroit media was all over him. I watched the Redwings game feed with no sound at a bar, and at every stop edge of play they would show Big Tryamkin, either instant replay of him hitting some poor Redwing player, moving Wings players outa the crease or they would  just show him on the ice after the play and pre-drop of the puck or on the bench. Tryamkin probably got 20mins of air time in between plays. Detroit loves Russians. And they really love our Big Tram.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

LOL ummm Cup Contender?  what do they have 2/3 games in hand and are 1 point from the bottom.   Mind you I do like Tryamkin

Most definitely not a CUP contender this year, not even a playoff contender. What I was trying to say was the d-core has the pieces to evolve into a CUP contending quality group.

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Going back into his own corners for the puck,. If he is challenged, he does a quick half-step fake to hit the challenger that backs that player off the play immediately.  

One night, someone will try to stand their ground and end up looking like sauced pizza dough stuck on the ceiling. :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Going back into his own corners for the puck,. If he is challenged, he does a quick half-step fake to hit the challenger that backs that player off the play immediately.  

One night, someone will try to stand their ground and end up looking like sauced pizza dough stuck on the ceiling. :) 

Hahaha!Everyone's seen that vid from last year and doesn't want to be posterized.

#flatontheirarses

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hahaha!Everyone's seen that vid from last year and doesn't want to be posterized.

#flatontheirarses

You guys realize you have the same little pictures for your profile?

Love the Treesplatthem.:lol:

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

You guys realize you have the same little pictures for your profile?

Love the Treesplatthem.:lol:

Sexy man for sexy men, Alf. ;) 

I think I'm going to buy Tryamkins jersey in the same size he wears.. being 6'2" myself, the sleeves should drop below my knees. 

Any updates on Rodin?

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Oh sh&t it just got awkward...oh well

#Tryamkinsayingmakemyday

• Upvote 2