The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I would say a pretty good start to the season. I don't expect him to put up that many points this early in his career (Chara didn't either) and his shot and confidence in playing top defensive roles will have to get better. Work on the defensive side of the game first. The offense will come naturally.

Tryamkin started the season around 15 mins and now is being relied upon more and more heavily.

For a team thats' been outscored 13-24 and has only 1 win, he's one of three blue liners who are plus, the others are 29 and 33 years old.

He's obviously hard to play against, exactly what you want on a bottom pairing. Yikes, this guy is very very exciting.

• Upvote 1

# Player GP G А PTS +/- PIM ESG PPG SHG OTG GWG SDS SOG %SOG FO FOW %FO TOI SFT HITS BLS FOA

1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0.0 0 0 - 15:46 18 4 1 0

his minutes seem to be very sporadic, anywhere from 13-22. But from what I'm seeing (in the stats) he's staring

to be more physical.

He also had 3 shots which is good to see

Edited by Gstank29

Any chance he bolts and comes to vancouver as a 6th Dman this season? Could use his size and shot

There were some rumblings that the Canucks brass were trying to get him over for the 2015-2016 season, but we probably won't hear anything about it until further along in the year. That's definitely the earliest that we'll see him over here.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking, does the KHL season end earlier than the NHL season? If by chance Tryamkin's team doesn't make the playoffs is he allowed to come over and play if we assigned him to Utica or sign him to a contract to play in Vancouver?

Is that allowed or prohibited by his contract?

Not while he's still under the KHL contract. It's not like a junior player that's finished their season and can come play in the AHL or NHL, think of it more like a college player who (if he wants to go back to college the next season) can't play in another professional league). If they want to void their college eligibility, they can choose to play pro and not look back.

Of course, Tryamkin can't just choose to leave the KHL if he wants. He'd either have to buy out of his deal there or wait for it to finish. I highly doubt we see him before those two years are up.

Edited by elvis15